Saturday, May 29, 2010


Versatility. I've got that in spades. In fact, I have so much versatility, I can't even figure out who I am. Which supposedly is a common afflicition in my generation and at 26 years old but I'm not going to lie, I feel like a loner in that respect. Anyway, Barbie of Barbie Runs graced me with this sweet Versatile Blogger Award that I've been watching the rest of you get. Finally, my turn! Whoo! Unfortunately, that means you've all gotten it by now so I am not sure who I can give it to. Way to make me feel like the last kid picked for the kickball team guys.

Apparently, you are supposed to learn seven random facts about me:

1. Pet Peeve #1: Abbrevs. Stupid. I absolutely hate people who totes speak in abbrevs. Especially people I know for a fact went to college. It's like basically you are just too lazy to speak in a grammatically correct and socially acceptable fashion. Abbrevs have lit become their own lang. So much so, that sometimes my friends use them and I haven't a clue what they are talking about. And seeing them spelled is hysterical. Ush does not equal usually people. Whatevs.

2. I'm from the Jersey Shore. I am not anything like those assholes you people watch on your reality television shows. Or the ones that appeared in The Sopranos. Or any other crap movie. I am from the same area as Bruce and Bon Jovi and I'm proud of it. But if I get asked some stupid question about where I am from or you make a smart ass comment to me I will get riled up. In fact, let me take care of it for you: I'm from Exit 98 Shore Points and yes I know the difference between a jersey girl and trash is that trash gets picked up. Yes, I have the Jersey Shore attitude. Do not mess with me.

3. I'm the oldest of three children. I'm the most competitive of the three in EVERYTHING I do. My brother(23) is the smartest of the three of us (though he's taking his time getting through undergrad). And my sister (14) has the beauty and talent. She's a competitive swimmer for Summit Swimming. Several colleges track her times and chat her up at meets. And she is the nicest, sweetest one of the three of us. I couldn't be prouder of her if she were my own kid. I really adore both of them and call them constantly to harrass them and hang out with them as much as I can. When I decided to move back to the ATL, they were my main reason.




4. Speaking of family, I have a large one. I wish I saw them more. Both sides of my family are devout Irish Carholics (my great uncle was a monsignor in the church). My mom has 10 brothers and sisters (who are all named Mary) and my dad has 6. I have like 30 cousins or something like that. My oldest cousin is 5 years older than me and my youngest cousin is 25 years younger than me. Which I think is pretty cool. Especially since the oldest cousin is expecting his first child! Most of them live in NJ but some of them live in California, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Mexico and North Carolina. And don't even get me started on second and third cousins- cause I know most of them, too.

5. I went to college at UGA and love Athens (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before). If I won the lottery, I would buy a house there. It's such a great town with a lot going for it. I graduated with a degree in Journalism and a second degree in Literature. I almost didn't get the second degree because I wrote a paper detailing why I shouldn't get the degree. I waited over a month for my degree to arrive in the mail and scared the crap out of my mom when I breathed a sigh of relief. I also am the only one who got an A in my capstone class entirely due to said paper. And yes, Soulja Boy's Crank That still gets me fired up- I know the dance and do it EVERYTIME it comes on. No shame.



6. I really want a job that requires travel because then maybe I could figure out where I want to live. I am getting the two year itch and contemplating trying out North Carolina next. Barbie is trying to get me to move to DC.

7. In high school, I played softball, ran track and managed the football team (aka water girl). I tried out for cheerleading but didn't make it. During this time, I weighed in at 95 lbs. By the time I graduated I was up to 105 and thought I was fat. Good Lord, high school girls really have a skewed vision of the world. I'm just starting to get back to my athletic roots and loving it. I really feel so much better about myself after a kickball or softball game!

And since I'm so generous, if you havent gotten this award yet (please let there be one of you), tell me so I can give it to you below :)



1 comment:

Adam said...

I love these lists. Catholic families are great! Nothing like a huge family to show you who cares.

There are lots of jobs that req travel. Work for a consulting company!