Monday, May 3, 2010

Personal Trainer Dilemma

Okay, so way back in the day (when I weighed BELOW 150) I enlisted the help of a personal trainer and LOVED IT. Her name was Kristen and soon she was cutting my hair and I was calling her for advice on my (now ex)boyfriend. Unfortunately, money got tight and I not only dropped the trainer but also the gym.

Fast forward to January 2010 and I signed back up for the gym. Kristen is no longer there but her friend Cassandra (who is a BEAST- I will have to get a picture of her) is still training. This guy came in and has been training with her. I swear I just saw him again for the first time in a month and was telling him how great he looks. He has lost 40 lbs and looks fabulous. You can definitely tell he lost the weight of a small child. And he said Cassandra is the one who has really kicked his ass into gear. He is hoping to get into the police academy so he is dropping weight and getting fit in an effort to do so (proving it's not all donuts and coffee).

Today, Cassandra approached me as I was getting off the treadmill and asked when I was going to start coming to see her about some training sessions. I explained to her that I'm only making $13.50 an hour and need to be sure I can actually afford to be doing it. She said she wasn't trying to pressure me, she just remembers when I trained with Kristen how great I looked and how hard I worked. Then she offered to do two sessions a week for $25 a pop under the table at 5 am and told me to think about it.

I am horrible about weights. I always worry someone is watching me and laughing on the inside at how inept I am. And I am never sure how many reps to be doing or how heavy to go. I don't want to bulk up- I would love to look long and lean (which apparently I can get through Pilates...aka not as torturous as Yoga). I'm seriously considering starting back up with Cassandra because I need the help. I'm stuck at yet another plateau and I just know that weights are going to help me get down off that ledge safely. It's really just a matter of time and money at this point. I would have to give up what little spending money I have which means no more eating out, no nights out with friends, no cute shoes just because I want them...

Of course, if I win this Gym in a Bag, I wouldn't need the personal trainer now would I?

In other news, I really want this bra so I'm linking you to this blog- join, enter, enjoy :) If one of you wins, please tell me all about how you were laughing at me, joined another blog and won instead of me. Oh the irony of that situation!

Also, homegirl Barbie is giving away Body Glide so check that out too!

No comments: