Monday, May 24, 2010

A Plea for Help

A plea for help to my 22 public followers and what I like to imagine are hundreds who follow me privately (if you haven't noticed I live in a dream world 99% of the time). Anyway, I am here to BEG YOU.

I.
WANT.
YOUR.
MONEY.

For those of you in the know, I am running the Boston 13.1 for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. This is my second half marathon. The first was also with CCFA. Click the link to read the details of how/why I got involved. Actually, you can see here how I signed up for the first one as well! Unfortunately, I am having some trouble fundraising which is why I need your help. I need another $500 bucks before June 16th or I don't get to fly to Boston to run in honor of my inspiring teammates (of who I have just decided I will spend this week highlighting! Hurray!).

Anyway, I don't have a concrete plan. But I'm thinking a contest is in order. Soooo, I am going to throw together a goody basket of surprises and give you until June 2,2010 to enter to win it. As the week goes on and I formulate exactly what this is, I will reveal details. Whoop whoop!
How to win:
  1. Obviously, the first step would be to DONATE. Come back and let me know you did so. I will confirm with my site and then you will get THREE (count 'em 3) entries. I don't care if you donate a dollar, I will take it!
  2. Become a follower of my blog. Let me know-new or old.
  3. Tweet, facebook, link to your blog and let me know.
  4. Got someone you know who suffers from Crohn's or Colitis? Let me know and I'll add them to my list of honored teammates (if you want to tell me about them to post to the website shoot me an email at erin dot grantham at gmail dot com).
You have until midnight June 2,2010 to do these things for neato prizes. Or, it could be a dud. No, I wouldn't do that to you....

17 comments:

EZEthan said...

Normally I don't like being solicited... but what the hell... it's for a good cause... I'm in!

Berryfine said...

Haha if it makes you feel better I HATE asking for money. I feel bad :(

selina_leigh said...

Chick-fil-a night? Car wash? Hmmm

Berryfine said...

That does not count as an entry Selina_Leigh. Just saying.

selina_leigh said...

I'm aware! I have already donated and promoted via FB - but I don't want to be entered. Just want to help!

Chris said...

Just became a follower. I am Tweeting your blog link now!!! I will check out you donate page next.

Heather said...

I am a new follower.

Heather said...

I made a donation!

Heather said...

I tweeted; http://twitter.com/HSlater351/status/14910942221

Heather said...

Two of our young neighbors suffer from Crohns. (So I will not add their names) I am so proud of you for raising so much money to help patient's and their families.

Berryfine said...

Heather! I saw your donation just now- thank you SO much. One of our honored teammates is just 3 years old. I'm writing a post about him today!

EricaH said...

I am a follower

EricaH said...

i just donated, almost missed the deadline. Congrats on surpassing your goal. :)

Berryfine said...

Erica- 1. Thanks for the donation! 2. Thanks for following 3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog!

Michelle said...

Meant to stop by sooner - just donated. Congrats on passing your goal!!

Michelle said...

I'm also a follower now. Thanks for following me too!

Berryfine said...

Thank you so much Michelle :) Loving your blog!