Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Without a Shirt...


Knew the title would grab you! I realize I haven't shared with you how I am looking these days. Unfortunately, I don't have a hubby or roommate to take a full length picture of me but here's a picture of me last night in my brand new, no cotton sports bra and my Nike tempo shorts (both of which I will review shortly). I am currently weighing in at 154.8 which is two lbs heavier than my low but I have added protein shakes and bread into the diet as well as weight training so I have a feeling I will gain some weight before losing it!
I am feeling better than I ever have-even when I was at my skinniest in high school I thought I was fat compared to other girls. Do I still dislike parts of myself? Sure. But I'm stronger and healthier than I have ever been. I'm more aware of my body and what I put in it and what I do for it. I am so greatful I have the opportunity to improve upon myself!

5 comments:

selina_leigh said...

Your post made me smile! I feel the same. I always felt like I was a fatty compared to others in HS (I'm going to assume most girls did). I think I'm a few lbs higher than my average in HS but I know I look better, I'm in better shape and I take better care of myself.

I commend you for putting it all out there, too! I feel good about myself but idk if I have THAT kind of confidence. Hmm I feel a post coming on...

Berryfine said...

Haha well I will put it in a better perspective for you in terms of my body image in high school- I weighed 50 lbs less than I do now. And during track season I was lucky to weigh in at 95 lbs so...food for thought.

tom said...

damnnnn!!! girl you look good - good job - you get to 130 and watch the effin out

inspiREDtorun13 said...

Oh wow you ran track in high school?! That's so hard core. Congrats on your progress to date.

Also...I work at a gym and loss of fat is more impt than weight loss. I hear that daily. So with the weight training your doing there's a good chance your body fat % is changing even if the scale says the same thing.

Chris said...

You look great! Keep it up.