Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Me v. My Boss- Breakfast Edition

















Meal: Yogurt with All Bran Cereal Bk Breakfast Bowl
and an apple

Calories: 335 540
Fat: 3g 42g
Sodium: 312mg 1020mg
Carbohydrates: 73g 17g
Protein: 10g 24g


Dude, her breakfast smells absolutely delicious. I might hate her in this moment in time. The fat and sodium are a wee bit high (okay a lot bit high) but her protein is on target for what I need and her carbs are less than mine. Obviously, I need to plan better. Maybe make a breakfast sandwich at home and reheat it here? Do eggs reheat well. Shit. And this is breakfast # 2 for me as I had a protein shake and banana before meeting my trainer. So lesson learned, I need to look for things with a better carb to protein ratio. Also, I fell short of my protein intake by 5 grams :(
Whatever, I FEEL like my breakfast is healthier and it is a STEP in the right direction.

4 comments:

inspiREDtorun13 said...

Scrambled eggs reheat okay in the microwave. Especially if you are doing them "loaded."

Why not make scrambled eggs with onion, green pepper, red pepper, cheddar cheese, and turkey sausage for dinner? (I also really like tomatoes in my eggs.)

Then take the leftovers into work in the AM with a side of something whole wheat. It won't taste quite as good as out of the skillet, but delicious. And you can alter the portion for the amount of calories you need. Maybe not every morning but often enough that you are able to handle the wafting smells of your boss's breakfast.

Berryfine said...

Funny you mention that! I just did scrambled eggs with peppers and a pita for dinner :)

Adam said...

those breakfast bowls are SOOOO good. SO good.

Berryfine said...

Thanks Adam- as if I wasn't already craving one!