Thursday, May 20, 2010

When I Feel Most Attractive

I have been thinking about this a lot lately because whenever I meet up with friends for a night out on the town, I've been getting compliments on how great I look (not that its hard to look great when you used to weigh 170 lbs but you get my point). I was thinking about when I feel most confident and attractive and surprisingly it's not after spending all morning primping and preening in front of the mirror.

It's in my gym clothes. Hair pulled back. Little to no makeup (usually just whatever is left on). With a light sheen of sweat. I feel damn good. I don't know if it's the endorphines or what but in my gym clothes after a workout- good or bad- I feel like hot shit.

So, I thought to myself, why am I going all out. I gave it a test run this past weekend. After my Skirtchaser 5K, I headed over to Shannon's to get ready and opted to wear a black tank top and a jean skirt. Left the hair down with just a touch of makeup and added a pair of Jessica Simpson wedges to dress it up a little. I feel SO GOOD. My legs felt and looked strong under the denim and my arms are starting to get some definition.

I woke up Sunday and ran some errands. I threw my hair in a bun and went out in a t shirt and jeans. Not only did I feel great (man, how the hell did 170 lbs fit in these jeans?!?!?!) but I was more approachable to people as well. I got smiles and hellos everywhere I went.

So, in summation, my Nike Tempo shorts are the go to look for me! If only I could wear them to the EVERYWHERE. And to further hammer my point home, the most hit on I have ever been was walking the Vegas strip in my gym shorts and a tank top. The entire weekend of dressing up, slapping on gobs of makeup and spending an hour curling the hair into submission was a waste because the one day I didn't give a shit, I got four numbers!


What about you? When do you feel most attractive?

GIVEAWAYS!!!!! I Love 'Em!
Running Diva Mom is giving away lip balm. Check out her site for details on how to enter and be sure to hurry- contest ends May 23rd!

Colorado Runner is doing a giveaway for Silver Maple Jewelry. I really would love to win a piece of jewelry that reflects me as a runner, how bout you?

Girl Get Strong is giving away a Shabby Apple Running skirt. With my newfound love of running skirts I obviously entered!

No comments: