Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grocery List

So, I have opted to sign up for the training sessions with Cassandra the Beast. The first thing she asked me is about my eating habits...Uhhhh... WHOOPS.

Okay, so I can do cardio until the cows come home. But lift weights and fight my cravings? IM.POSS.IBLE. Seriously, I last about 5 days and then right when the weekend comes around BAM. Anyway, in an effort to get on the right track so as not to "waste our time" (her words) I went shopping today. Here is the list:

  • Skim Milk
  • Dannon Yogurt- Vanilla, reduced fat
  • Strawberries
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • Tomato
  • Red Bell Pepper
  • Green Bell Pepper
  • Banana
  • Ovenroasted Turkey breast
  • Reduced Fat Feta
  • Vegetable Oil
  • Fat Free Caesar Italian Dressing
  • Roasted Red Pepper Vinagrette
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Kellog All-Bran cereal
  • Pita Bread
  • Eggs
  • Chicken Breast

I have to say it felt good to be picking up healthy foods for myself. I'm a little worried about the whole cooking thing and I don't want anything to go bad before I get a chance to eat it. I looked at other people's carts and thought to myself, "Do you even know what you are ingesting?" I sure as hell don't but I'm making a real effort to find out. I even examined several boxes of cereal and pita bread before determining one that was low on calories and carbs but high on protein.

Of course, it was Cinco de Mayo and while all my friends were out having a blast at block parties and Mexican restaurants I opted to get some extra hours in for extra cash. So I hit up Moe's where they were doing a promotion for $3 Burritos. I got a Triple Lindy and a small serving of cheese dip. I ate half the burrito and took the other half to the fridge immediately. Then I enjoyed one beer before bed. I can't say I felt deprived but I know if I were out with friends I would have ordered something totally different and drank too much. Sometimes making good decisions can suck in the short term but in the long run, they are the best decisions you can make!

3 comments:

selina_leigh said...

Good for you, that's fantastic!!! Congrats!

inspiREDtorun13 said...

Yeah...I agree it's all about picking and choosing which nights to indulge. If you were feeling Moe's and a beer, there will always be other opportunities to go out with friends. And swim suit season is quickly approaching...

Which is why I'm only having one glass of red wine tonight.

Berryfine said...

Yeah learning to pick and choose is hard. Slow and steady. You just cannot beat yourself up about the missteps!