Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Next Race- Runnin' With the DAWGS!

A view of downtown Athens, GA. Home of the Dawgs!


Well, courtesy of my friend Leigh, I have found my next race! I love when I find out about races that are a little different than the ones I've run before. And this one is especially cool since it brings Leigh and I back to the great University of Georgia.



Running with the Dawgs 5K takes place in the streets of downtown Athens on May 31,2010 at 8 am. I have to tell you I am so stoked about this race. Yes, it's a holiday weekend. Yes, I would like to be in bed. But seriously, I love Athens and would love to live there so I'm happy with anything that brings me back there for a good time! And the race was pretty cheap in comparison to others I've done (ahem, Skirtchaser 5K). Methinks I will be getting a cotton shirt but whatever I am excited. Plus, this will be the first (and hopefully not the last) time Leigh and I run a race together!



Proceeds from the race are going to several charities supported by the Athens-Oconee Junior Women's Club. I LOVE how racing is so closely linked with charities. It just really adds something to the runners high!



So, tell me, what is your next race?

3 comments:

selina_leigh said...

So excited!!! :)

inspiREDtorun13 said...

I'm looking for a cheap 5k. I hate when they are $30. I do that for free on the treadmill...

Have fun!

Berryfine said...

Haha- this one was $15! The Skirtchaser was $45 and not worth that in my opinion- fun but $45 worth of fun? Not so much!