Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 2 of Cassandra the Devil

Bitch is ON me like white on rice. Texts, emails, running up to check on me when I'm on the treadmill. You name it, she's encouraged it. I have had two days of absolute soreness since meeting with her the first time. I curse her when I'm staggering down three flights of stairs clinging to the wall and handrail and praying I won't fall. When I struggle to sit my ass down on the toilet (hands outstretched propping me against the stall walls) I think how nice it would be to murder her. On the other hand, I just know all of this will be worth it...someday. Just not today!

Today, we took it easy on my legs using the fly machine to do side squats and pull the weight across my chest (12 on each side, 2 times). Then with 5 lb weights (big ups to the girl who jacked the 8 lb weights so Cassandra had to go down. I love you girl!) I got into pushup position, pulled one weight up to my shoulder and did a tricip kickback. 10 times on each side. Moving to the squat bar, Cassandra lowered it and had me lie down under it. Then pull my chest up. Ummmm, about that upper body strength. Zilch. Nada. Not a damn thing. Luckily, moving my chest up an inch and bending my arms seemed to make her happy. After a couple of rotations, we moved to doing resistance bands (arms out front, arms to the side) and then worked the kinks out of my back in the stretching area with something that felt like I was supermanning dat ho. All in all a good workout.

She also advised that before working out in the morning, I need to go ahead and have a protein shake and a banana. Then when I'm getting ready to leave the gym, eat a small meal. That way I've had two meals before heading into work. And she said I needed to get some potassium tablets. So we'll be doing some shopping today and I'll update you on that later!

CONTESTS!!!!
Barefoot Angie Bee is giving away a pack of Sweatybands which I've always wanted to try but never been willing to buy (seriously how much do I spend on hair shit?!?!).

Julie's Very Cool First Giveaway is INDEED very cool. So cool, I'm sharing it with you instead of keeping it to myself and the hundreds of others who entered. Yes, hundreds cause bitch has 100 followers. Sigh, one day my 19 followers. One day.

Run To The Finish is giving away a cool prize pack that includes tinted moisturizer, power balance bracelets and sweaty bands.

Run Courtney Run is giving away awesome Lift Your Sole jewelry! Check it out- so pretty and inspirational!

If I win one giveaway I want it to be Secrets of a Running Mom's Tanks and Tunes giveaway! LOOKS AMAZING. Easy to enter :)

2 comments:

inspiREDtorun13 said...

I like to think of my blog as a hidden gem since the number of followers is yet to explode.

At the same time I really didn't expect to have any other than friends/family when I started it. I think you are right with your "one day" comment. Your blog is funny!

Berryfine said...

If that was a hint to follow your blog...well, DONE. I'm slowly adding blogs to my rotation. Thanks for reading mine and calling me funny!