Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fitness Magazine Review + Free Subscription!



Hello Kristin Davis! You always were my favorite on Sex and the City- such a reflection of every woman's inner desires for love, marriage and family. Even those Samantha's out there! I love that you are on the cover of Fitness Magazine this month in an issue that seems as though the editors literally read the questions out of my mind and then threw them into the mag. And with Summer just around the corner, this issue (May 2010) is the one to buy off newstands if you don't subscribe!



  • The Supermama stats were mind blowing- there are 82.8 millions of mothers in the United States?!?!?!

  • Check out the reasons stars go for jog around town (remember the j is silent, Anchorman style)

  • Not only is the issue jam packed with everything fitness, they also have an extensive section devoted to beauty- skin smoothers, hair tamers, etc.

  • Bikini Ready in 4 Weeks links to the website for calorie counters, a video of moves, recipes and more. You can also enter to win a trip to Miami!

  • The Metabolism boosting meals look delicious- I plan on trying the chunky greek salad with chickpeas which should be interesting considering I'm a picky eater and I'm not even sure I like chickpeas. The bean and cheese potato also looks like a winner.

  • Dedimple your derriere didn't really do much for me except remind me in 3 pages that cellulite is a fact of life and I can spend my time obsessing over tricking people into thinking it's not as bad as it is, or I can just move on (in case you were wondering, I plan on just moving on. Personally, I'm more upset with stretch marks).

  • Kristin Davis is as nice as she seems in every show and movie she does. My favorite quote is in response to what she considers fitness hell: "Aerobics! I've tried to do the routines, but I'm not that coordinated. Just saying the word routine makes me anxious!" Her workout for all over toning looks easy and doable just about anywhere.

  • Looking for a race out of state? Fitness includes a shortlist with races for each month the rest of this year.

  • Motivation Makeover will help you fight nasty cravings that threaten to derail your get healthy attitude.

  • Remember my trip to the derm? Well, she could have been as helpful as the docs in skintervention were. They gave full body scans to several women, discussed issues and how to take care of the skin you're in. Why did I pay for something subpar when the mag has it all right here?

  • The discussion on over the counter pain reliever was scary. Not because I pop the pills like candy, but because others do! I'd always heard Tylenol was bad for your stomach if taken over long periods of time but I didn't realize how rampant the overuse of pain relievers really is.


The magazine has tons of helpful hints and recipes. Every month I tear out my favs and add to a notebook so I have them handy should I want to use them. The workouts vary so you can't get bored. Since I love the magazine so much, I'm giving away a FREE year subscription. And entering is EASY!




  1. Become a follower or remind me that you already are and you love me. I love hearing how awesome I am so that can't hurt.

  2. Tweet, facebook or link to your blog. Telling everyone how awesome I am is also something I love. It's even better when you do it for me.

  3. Tell me your favorite fitness-related magazine and why. As a graduate of the Grady College of Journalism with a focus in magazines, I'm interested in knowing what grabbed your attention and keeps you subscribing to your favs.


***Remember to leave one comment per entry. Contest ends May 12, 2010 at 11:59pm EST.

10 comments:

Adam said...

Whoa cool!! So, I'm a follower now (finally)

Adam said...

I twittered! @adamrisu

Adam said...

My fav fitness mag is either mens health or marathon and beyond. Which if you know anyting about either are POLAR opposites.

L. DaCosta said...

I'm here! I follow and I'm twittering!

My favorite fitness magazine is Shape even though they can't seem to get it to your mailbox. Not too surprising here but I like the recipes! They also have great apps for my iPhone. Easy stuff for my lazy ass to get up and do at home! In re: to your degree...I think it's the cover. Bright colors and skinny bitches that tell me I can be that little too even if I'm not sure I want to be that little.

...Barbie... said...

I am a follower. You know this.

...Barbie... said...

I like runners world ... or women's running

inspiREDtorun13 said...

I'm a follower...I actually read this mag the other day and also loved the Kristin Davis interview. She's so relatable!

inspiREDtorun13 said...

Just tweeted about your giveaway.

inspiREDtorun13 said...

Runners World or Competitor Magazine are my faves.
Runners World always has relevant articles.

[I'm not sure that Competitor Magazine counts as a true magazine...they give it away at my gym. But all the advertisements about races keep me excited about training!]

Tanya said...

I just linked your blog to my Facebook page. I figured more people would see it there than if I plug you on my blog. :)

As to my favorite fitness magazine, I got hooked on Self about 2 years ago. I love the fact that they give simple suggestions to tweak bad habits along with big life changing suggestions. Sometimes you don't feel like making big changes.

I have stayed hooked because it keeps me motivated even when I am not exercising. Since I started getting the magazine, I have exercised more than I ever did before in my life.