Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Feelin the Love...

For Body Glide! bing, bang boom. What a day!

This morning I spent a solid 10-15 minutes searching desperately for my Body Glide which wandered off sometime over the weekend and has not yet returned. My 4 miles yesterday were TORTURE. I did not want to repeat today. Of course, thanks to not being able to locate it I only ran 1.5 miles so I guess either way it helped.

Supremely pissed off, I logged into Twitter from the parking lot of Gold's Gym and tweeted the following:

I really love that my body glide is missing. And by love I mean hate with a passion capable of ruining my day.

Which prompted my decision to give it away as part of my prize pack. No one should ever be without this stuff- I swear by it. Trust me, Vaseline does not work as well AT ALL. It'll do in a pinch but really...for the long haul- not worth it.

A short time later (ahem a few hours which is wayyy too long) I got an email stating Body Glide was following me. Excellent. Still haven't found my actual stick so I tweeted this:

@BodyGlide found me on Twitter. Now if only I can find it in my apt.

Shortly after that (and I mean a few minutes- damn!) I got a direct message asking me my address and the type of products I use. I'm basic and just use the antichafe. Barbie just clued me in to the fact that they even have a For Her version!

The response will forever endear Body Glide in my heart:

Nothing boring about a runner and blogger. Thanks for helping to spread the word about our products. We appreciate it.

The only thing I love more than not having a ridiculous rash between my thighs is flattery so YOU WIN BODY GLIDE!

4 comments:

...Barbie... said...

Bill from BodyGlide is awesome!! i love my free bodyglide from him and he will send you the small one that is perfect for half marathons since you can carry is along!!

Berryfine said...

Yeah the minute I got the dm I was like, I'm pulling a Barbie! Whoo!

Adam said...

that is awesome!!! Body glide is pretty much a life saver for me.

BTW - I plan on donating to your contest dealie. I'm "working" right now but will donate hopefully tomorrow. (my little bro has colitis)

Berryfine said...

Adam- I know a lot of people swear by Body Glide and I was one of the ones not willing to spend the money. But then, after a clinic at a local running store, I felt awkward not buying something and it was pretty much the cheapest thing in the store so I bought it. Will never use vaseline again unless forced to!
Also, thanks for the future donation. Let me know your bro's name and I will add it to my jersey...OR body. I haven't decided how I am doing this yet!