Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Musing

  • Dear Georgia Tech Graduate, I would think that having gained admittance into the North Avenue Trade School you would know where you fit in on the road (and I don’t mean of life. I mean LITERALLY THE ROAD). Let me give you a hint: It’s not in the left lane of 85 South at rush hour. In fact, at first I was just going to say the left lane but I’m thinking during rush hour period since you seem unable to go at a speed in which the rest of us are comfortable with you should just go home and build a model rocket and work some other time.
  • I’d like to take a moment to thank the pen that exploded in my purse covering not only my personal belongings in blue smurf-like ink but also a copy of Denis Leary’s book which I had planned to send to @centripetal this morning. Guess I'll be buying a third copy of the book.
  • There is a woman at work whom I shall call Dragon Lady (mainly because I do around the office). She drives me crazy with rudeness and lack of respect for coworkers and we had it out a few weeks ago. Since then, she’s been extremely nice to me. I don’t know if its coincidence or I got through to her or she got laid or what. I have so say, I don’t know what scares me more- when she’s a complete bitch or so nice I want to punch her.
  • Eric Church makes everything better. My iPod is currently set to him due to the concert my sister and I attended this past weekend. The Grascals, Jamey Johnson, Eric Church and Hank William’s Jr. I cannot even put into words what this concert was like. But if you like country, Eric is your man. This is my pick for my wedding song and if my non-existent future husband doesn’t like it, well, the wedding’s off.
  • I’m relocating to another state and I have no idea where to start. A job would seem to be the obvious starting point but the whole idea of moving seems like such a chore with all these things I need to be thinking of.
  • I once wrote a post about why I hate my job. It got me in some trouble but looking back on it, I really did hate my job so I guess my subconscious was trying to help me out there. Maybe I should write a post about why I love my latest job so much better than my last one. Just to stick it to them- like haha, you fired me for this but now I can do it all I want! I like to imagine their updated social networking policies are a result of my actions. Glad I left a mark.
  • I forgot my underwear when I packed my bag this morning. So after a tough workout, I showered and went for it and it wasn’t there. I’m not going to lie these are not the best pants for this situation. Just rather uncomfortable.
  • Why do people get so worked up about tickets? It a cop stopped you, you were doing something wrong. End of the discussion. There is no one you should be mad at except yourself for doing something wrong (or for getting caught anyway).
  • Some days I really love listservs. Other days, fucking busch league. It’s so easy to offend people without even trying. Or annoy people with responses. Some people just have no clue how many fucking emails they are sending out.
  • It’s National Pretzel Day. Go to www.pretzelmaker.com to find a location near you giving out free pretzels. They try to throw in some junk about singing for your snack but then realize its bullshit and say in the next line that if you just mention its national pretzel day, you get a free one. So waste of whatever right there.
  • There is nothing worse than working with idiots. Nothing.
  • I have a derby day shower I am going to on Saturday. I need a present, a dress and a floppy hat. Guess who is not going to get any of that until Saturday? This girl right here.
  • I spend a majority of my money on food. I have got to learn how to cook. And how to ignore my cravings.
  • I’m not feeling particularly funny this morning. Must be the weather.
  • My hot pink nails remind me of high school spring breakers in their cutoffs and airbrushed shirts on their way back from Panama City Beach. Or a stripper. Either one.
  • Apparently the United States is also to blame for the violence in Mexico because it is “our demand for drugs” and way of life that is breeding the violence. Look, just because someone is asking for drugs doesn’t mean that someone who provides them automatically shoots and kills children and police officers. Indirectly related? Yes. Directly? Not so much. They are pissed at you and your leadership, not us. Plus, we provided 1.3 million bucks to help you plus manpower, helicopters, dogs, and other shit. If we do it this way, then your country supplying is leading to violence in the US. Because you know, people are pissed they can’t get their fix and then are robbing and shit to get it. It’s the people that are the problem buddy.
  • Roethlisberger raped that girl.Or something along those lines. End of discussion. Or you can read here how Milledgeville police ruined any chance they had of nailing this guy (pun intended).

No comments: