Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dentistry...not quite a Wednesday Wigout

Perez Hilton has a post slamming Jessica Simpson for admitting her brushing habits in regards to her pearly whites. While it is rather disgusting to hear, it made me think about my own oral habits (that's what she said. haha oral).

Anyway, J Simpson basically admits she doesn't brush three times a day and I'm here to back a sister up. I don't brush three times a day either. I'm sorry but there is this thing called life and sometimes it gets in the way of all good habits. Don't act like you haven't skipped a brushing before.

Damn girl, those teeth are WHITE despite your lack of dental hygiene!



In fact, I once worked with a girl who brushed her teeth dozens of times a day. She literally toted a full tube of toothpaste and a toothbrush around in her oversized purse. We had training for work and every time we had a break she skipped into the bathroom to shine those chompers. I thought it was so obnoxious and slightly obsessive compulsive (admittedly there are worse habits this chick could have).



I fall somewhere between coworker and J Simpson. I brush AT LEAST once a day. Though I don't floss and J Simpson does. She also uses listerine and I don't because I ran out and don't want to pay 6 bucks for it. I guess my hygiene could use some work but whatever its part of shambles. Shambles don't have routines.



We also don't do dentists either. Eww. I hate them. I don't know if it's because of a bad childhood experience (which was seriously horrendous) or because I don't want to find out I have 32 cavities. How many fucking teeth do we actually have in our mouths? I have no idea. Also, they are expensive. So I guess I should just brush my teeth three times a day after all.


What is your dental routine? Any tips or advice or products you suggest for a lazy gal on the go?

2 comments:

selina_leigh said...

How often does she brush? I am a standard twice-a-day-er. I bought a $13 electric toothbrush from Walmart and it works wonders. The vanilla frosting flavored toothpaste also makes it more enjoyable lol.

AshleyRae said...

twice a day for me. no floss, no listerine (cause i always forget about it at the grocery store, unless i remember, and then its a small bottle used randomly). couldn't even tell u the last time i went to the dentist either. they freak me out...so im backing her up as well i suppose?