Monday, April 5, 2010

Lifting Weights

So after the challenge with Ward, I really started neglecting the weight lifting aspect of my working out. Even after seeing such great promise in my muscle tone. Things just got super overwhelming and I was planning on heading to Vegas. So I completely stopped lifting weights. Somehow I have stayed steady in my weight (even hitting a low of 154.7 on Easter Sunday) but I need to get back to working on my strength.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to hit the gym a second time for the Group Power classes I love because I'm too busy. So, I'm going to apply the same principles using workouts from FITNESS magazine to create a similar program. For those of you not in the know, Gold's Gym offers these classes and you focus on muscle groups for the length of a song. I plan on doing the same for an hour in my apt. Granted the weights won't be as heavy but it will be way better than not doing it at all. And I will have the time to do it. I am going to squeeze whatever workouts I can in. With the weather getting nice, I hope to do an evening walk as well. Maybe right after I whip up a delicious dinner or something.

Time to get back on track. Anyone else work out at home? Any tips or ideas for keeping the motivation going? Any workout gear I need to pick up? I'm willing to try and review anything :)

1 comment:

YBR said...

Buy resistance bands. They vary in weight and our easily stored. Possibly kettlebells too, there is a lot of good exercised you can do at home w/ those in a small space.