Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am NOT a baker...sue me

So today I got a craving for brownies (could be due to Mother Nature...thanks for that). Anyway, a couple of weeks I was in Publix and brownie mix was on sale two for one so I picked it up thinking if I got invited to an event I could bring them.

Unfortunately...I AM NOT A BAKER.


AT ALL.

The first issue was that I thought I had everything I needed. And I did. Water. Check. Two eggs. Got 'em. Vegetable oil. Wellllll...kind of. See the recipe called for 1/3 of a cup. And I just barely missed out on that amount. So, I maybe, overcomepensated on the water.

The second issue is my love of brownie mix. Straight from the bowl. I know...it's not sanitary and is slightly immature. And I still have some on my face somewhere like a five year old. I'm guiltily hiding in my apt licking a bamboo spoon covered in Hersey Chocolate brownie mix.


It was delicious.

The cooked variety...not...so....MUCH. The edges are hard as a rock and the middle is slightly chewy. The good news is, I only have to walk about an hour tonight to burn the shit I did inhale off.
This is not what I look like when I'm baking...

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like you need an oven thermometer. Everything I baked was burned on the outside and runny on the inside. It turns out when I thought my oven was set at 350 it was really somewhere between 400 and 450.

Berryfine said...

There are a lot of things I probably need for my kitchen. For example, a microwave. You don't realize how much shit you can't have without one. Seriously.