Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do You Date United Colors of Benetton Style?



Okay, so after I started browsing the internet, I realized that even Benetton puts more white people in their ads than other races but you get my point. I bring this up because of the now infamous "Phat Pussy" Block and a story my Gym Crush shared with me. Which got me thinking about the topic of interracial dating.


So apparently, at another Gold's Gym, Block developed a thing for another female (white and who may or may not have had a fat pussy). Block, being the direct guy he is, approached her and asked her out. She responded with an honest if not politically correct answer:


I don't date black guys.


Apparently, Block went off on her in the middle of the gym and some of his buddies had to calm him down. Gym crush said he never saw the girl there in the mornings again. That location closed and they started coming to mine and now Block is fixated on me.


But the point of my post is not Block, it's the I don't date black guys comment. Let me give you a quick rundown description of the guys I have slept with:


  1. Jim- blond hair, blue eyes

  2. Tony- Brown hair, hazel eyes

  3. Spring break guy- brown hair, blue eyes

  4. Lucian- black hair....green eyes? maybe hazel or brown.

  5. Michael- brown hair, brown eyes

  6. Lance- brown hair, blue eyes

  7. Ryan- brown hair, blue eyes

  8. Chris- Brown hair, brown eyes

  9. Matt- brown hair, blue eyes?

  10. Christian- brown hair, brown eyes

  11. Scott- brown hair, blue eyes

  12. Craig- blond hair, blue eyes

  13. Touchdown Tommy- blond hair, green eye

So, I am not a colors of the world dater. I don't know why. I find plenty of black guys attractive (hello Taye Diggs!) but not sexually attractive for whatever reason. I have no idea if this is the norm and I hope it doesn't make me racist. If it does, its my subconscious talking. And my body because I do not get wet when I see hot black men. I think, damn, I know a few girls I can hook that guy up with!


So, have any of you dated across ethnicities/races? Do you recommend it? Do you judge people who do or don't? Tell us your thoughts!Don't be afraid to post anonymously either ;)

3 comments:

selina_leigh said...

I am impressed that you know all of these eye colors!

My man is Lebanese and the cultural differences can be difficult, but what person doesn't come with odd tendencies? At least his and his family's are predictable. Plus, I get to go to cool conferences and smoke the hookah (tobacco!), eat neat foods and dance crazy dances (with a little Cha Cha Slide thrown in there).

It really pushed my comfort zone at first, though. Still does sometimes.

Berryfine said...

Love it! thanks for sharing- I had no idea he was Lebanese!

Hot Mess said...

ummmm i may or may not be dipping my toe into the dating pool of the brown man...persian, to be precise, whatup! i've also hooked up w/ a half asian guy before but never seriously dated anyone other than caucasian. btw, while afternoon delight hasn't taken place yet, i get the feeling that persia is pretty effing bow-chicka-bow-wow if you know what i mean...