Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My ex is MARRIED

Okay, I've known this for a while but finding out he was on facebook and the subsequent stalking revealed they are, in fact, still married. Shocking considering she was hopping from Marine to Marine in an effort to secure a Green Card.

It's so weird to imagine an ex of mine married. Especially one who pretends to be smarter than he is. Some gems from his facebook page:


  • Fancy the great outdoors from mountain biking to surfing. Prefer to be in shape so gym sessions are part of my weekly schedule. Tend to want to fix things and use my imagination to make things better like home improvments. I religiously do things myself because this economy makes the comfort of hiring a professional somewhat far fethced.
  • Attending school to materialize a diploma is a recent interest and I stress the importance of an education everyday. I have a drive to succeed so reading books that follow suite in the attainment of self-actualization is common. The end result of everything I pursue is to help others through healthcare management and the nursing field. I'll be a little "Focker" just like the movies.
  • Music full of expression, almost an art form from the sound of it. Instead of listing what I listen too I will just list what is scarce in my Ipod. Hip/hop, rap, and music that is derogatory just makes no sense to experience, however, I have some music that holds a beat.
  • "Avatar" is my favorite movie followed by Out Cold and Without a Paddle. I base my favorites from fantasies of living in the context of the worlds portrayed in each film.

I know, you probably read that and thought to yourself, "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING?!?!?!" I have no idea. Except it was fun dating a Marine with my best friend. Because we dated guys stationed together we got to take road trips, fly to Cali, attend Marine Corp balls, etc. Shallow? Yes. But I was 21 and having a good time. But back to the marriage thing...It somehow feels like I failed. Am I alone in this? It's like what do I have to show for anything?

And, another thing, what is the deal with exes moving on and actually becoming able to commit AFTER you invest time in a relationship with them? Why the hell do I feel as though I'm setting my exes up for their next relationships ala Good Luck Chuck? BUSCH.LEAGUE.

No comments: