Wednesday, April 14, 2010

YOU COULD WIN!

Hope that got your attention because I'm about to ask a HUGE HUGE HUGE favor. As everyone knows, I am running the Boston 13.1 in June for Team Challenge. I have been posting on facebook to the point of annoying any friends I might have had and hosted several benefits so I know how difficult it can be to get people to part with their hard-earned money. Especially in this economy. That being said, I'm about to plug someone else's fundraising efforts and you could be a big winner :)

A friend of mine from high school, Leigh, is running the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure for the second time and has done a fabulous job fundraising so far. She reached her goal of $500 and would like to continue to raise much needed funds. Leigh runs in honor of her aunt who was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 months after her marriage of 30+ years crumbled. Her husband had walked out on her and now she had this horrible disease to fight. She had her last surgery this past winter and has been officially declared in remission. In fact, she is running with Leigh!


Not only is Leigh one of the kindest people I know (she's helped me out with everything from high school to present day- often times without being asked) but this is a cause that I am personally affected by as well. My own grandmother passed away two years ago from breast cancer after a 10+ year battle with the disease. In fact, her birthday would have been this past Monday and her passing is fast approaching. She was one of the greatest women I ever knew and she handled her ordeal with a grace and dignity that cannot be put into words. I would love if all of you would take the time to donate to Leigh and help her race for a cure to a disease that affects 1 in 8 women.

And, as I previously mentioned, you could win a cool prize. Just click this link and donate at least $5 and you will be entered in a raffle to win either an iPod shuffle or an iTunes giftcard (the equivalent price). Donations must be made today or tomorrow. Entries are limited to one per person. Pass the link on to anyone who might be interested as well!

1 comment:

selina_leigh said...

Erin- Thank you so much! That is such a sweet post and I sincerely appreciate your helping me, your donation and your dad's donation!! You rock!!!!!!