Monday, April 19, 2010

Off the Wagon

Not the alcoholic wagon (you'd have to get on that one to fall off)...but the health kick I was on came to an end last week due to a combination of things- a creepo hitting on me, a busy schedule and not feeling so well combined to just derail my focus. And in the process my progress.

I'm back up to 161 from 155 and I'm depressed about it.

Nothing like hopping on the scale to kick your ass back into gear though. I'm readjusting my schedule for a bit (see ya 5 am workouts) until I feel more comfortable about hitting the gym. The guy is seriously a weirdo and I do not want to encourage him to spend any time looking in my direction. Hopefully an early morning sabbatical will encourage him to look elsewhere. I may even pick up those weightlifting classes since the 5 am workouts won't be an option anymore.

The food is my biggest issue but this week I will get back on cooking for myself every day. I started tonight by making a boca burger with a side of potatoes. Lately I've been hungry every hour or so which is freaking me out but I'm not sure what to do about it except eat. Rather than reaching for something completely unhealthy, I made myself a salad.

Another thing I think hurting me was the bread. AGAIN. As soon as I was able to eat it, I was shoveling it into my mouth. I need to continue on the Lent path and just steer clear of it. It's like a drug for me. Once I have some I just cannot stop craving it. There is no balance for me at this point with bread so for now, I just need to cut it from my diet until I feel ready to incorporate it in a healthy way (bye pizza, pasta, bagels and subs...)

So, with that being said, I'm hoping back on the workout train with a 30 minute run tonight per my Team Challenge training. Tomorrow will be a 4 mile run. Wish me luck!

Also, song of the week, getting me pumped up (thanks to hearing it/ dancing it at a wedding) is Soulja Boy Tell 'Em's Crank That. Just watched a video of Knowshon doing the dance at the UGA-Auburn 2007 football game and it has me all pumped for my run.

No comments: