Thursday, April 8, 2010

Damn You Barbie! (shakes fist in frustration)

Barbie’s done it again! Not only has she beaten my time in the half marathon, but she just signed up for ANOTHER full. As in 26.2 miles people. AT ONE TIME.

Someone is a wee bit crazy and it ain’t me.

Though she is making me feel like a slacker for not running a full. I just cannot wrap my head around running for that long. Like 5-6 hours. And let’s be honest I’d be closer to the 6 hour mark than the 5. I’m struggling at the thought of running for 2 ½ hours straight and you want me to double that? Not gonna happen my friend.

On top of that, I have no idea what my next race will be. I wanted to get a race in for April but the month is packed with GDAY, a wedding and an Eric Church concert with my sister. Not to mention the fact that I have no money with which to pay for this race. And if I’m running my little heart out, you better be damn sure there is a tech t-shirt waiting for me at the end of the race. Size medium. Prefer a tech t, please!

Anyway, the point is…the points have been tallied and I. AM. LOSING.

BARBIE- 2
ERIN- 0 (as in zilch, nada, big fat goose egg)

2 comments:

selina_leigh said...

You can run with me May 9th! 5k Race for the Cure - I know it's whimpy, but it's fun! :)

inspiREDtorun13 said...

I LOVE Eric Church!