Thursday, October 22, 2009

Game Day Plans

For some reason, looking back on old emails really makes me laugh. So here is another one to demonstrate how absolutely ridiculous we are when trying to determine weekend plans:

From: K
To: E, R, EEW, M
Sent: Sep 3, 2008 09:00:31 AM
Subject: gameday plans?

Whats evayeryones plans for this weekend?? I just found out that I do not have to go to Berry for the XC meet Sat am!! I am free to head to Athens whenever!! Are people staying up there or coming back?? Going to church Sunday?? Maybe some of us could Carpool??

PS- Evan casually mentioned the possibility of taking me to a Braves game Thursday night!! = )

From: E
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:11 AM
To: K, R; EEW; M
Subject: RE: gameday plans?

WOOO NO XCOUNTRY! My plans will involve finding Sweet Tea Vodka and ingesting large quantities of it...oh yeah, and the game.

Beyond that I have no idea.

From: R
To: E,K,EEW,M
Sent: Sep 3, 2008 11:04:45 AM
Subject: RE: gameday plans?

R's plans:
1. Wake up
2. Booze
3. Eat/Booze
4. Bumble
5. Dawgs win by 40
6. Booze
7. Mopes
8. Sleep

The only items that are not flexible are Booze and Dawgs. Other than that, I am open for anything. I like to party.

From: E
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 11:10 AM
To: K,EEW,M,R
Subject: RE: gameday plans?

It's called Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and I will be contacting the National Distributing Company today to find out where they sell it. They distribute for Georgia. It's going to be a blackout weekend if I actually get my hands on this stuff.

Bobs plans sound delicious.

-----Original Message-----
From: R
To: E
Sent: Sep 3, 2008 03:41:58 PM
Subject: RE: gameday plans?

Emily’s initials are funny

From: E
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 4:18 PM
To:R
Subject: RE: gameday plans?

I've been hoping she would email us back today with something suitably naive so I could mess with her but she has not responded. I have looked at her email address before and thought it was funny but couldn't figure out why. Now I know.

Katie is really on me to find a place for her and I to stay this weekend. I was planning on winging it but I don't think she liked hearing that...oops.

-----Original Message-----
From: R
To: E
Sent: Sep 3, 2008 04:36:37 PM
Subject: RE: gameday plans?

I would be fine with coming back and flopping to a bar here. Last weekend really hurt my life.

From: E
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 5:00 PM
To:R
Subject: RE: gameday plans?

Then someone has to drive if we come back.

And oh wait you drive a truck. And you're a sloppy drunk.

K is driving a truck.

So that leaves me with my cavalier...and I'm a sloppy drunk.

That, to me, spells DISASTER. BUT I could probably keep myself from getting sloppy so long as if we flopped at a bar here we got a cab and THEN I could get sloppy.

-----Original Message-----
From: R
To: E
Sent: Sep 3, 2008 05:09:17 PM
Subject: RE: gameday plans?

I don’t care. C invited me with his ticket, so I would assume he will be with R. Also, I drive a Ford Explorer for a few days til the Silver Bullet is fixed in the shop. No need to make plans in my humble opinion.

Now, you are probably wondering what we actually ended up doing. Well, we rode in R's Ford Explorer to Athens the day of the game. Then K and I disappeared to visit boy of the moment and got nasty phone calls from R. Then R and I disappeared and went to hang out with his friends and former employees (shortly after the email exchange R was fired- I refuse to believe this is a result of our less than professional emails). Then R and I went to the game and got hammered. Then we went to a bar (took shots and drank tons of beer) and got nasty messages from C who was ready to go home. Of course, R was too drunk to drive us home so C drove R's car to C's apt while K and I rode in boy of the moments truck. An hour after we got back to K's, R rolled up in the Explorer with Arby's and proceeded to listen to Garth Brooks and sink into depression over his recent firing. I actually had to drunkenly console him and convince him to come inside and have another beer. Aren't you impressed I remember this?

No comments: