Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Life is Not Complete Shambles

On Friday, I went to my bank (Fifth Third Bank- check it) and sat down with a banking professional (aka my best friend Ryan) to discuss the status of my finances. He sold me on a promo for identity alert (9.95 a month) which pulls credit reports and monitors my credit cards. I was rather shocked at my credit scores. Granted they are not great but they are much higher than they were a year ago. In the interest of full disclosure:
Experian : 636
Equifax: 661
Transunion: 682
Basically- factors going against me are that I am too close to my credit limits (which I am no longer using my cards) and that I had a card closed in 2006 and late payments up until April of 2008. According to my banker, this should roll off in the next 6 months and my credit score will improve significantly. WIN! I am actually getting my life together. Which kind of scares me.

No comments: