Thursday, October 8, 2009

Working out v. NOT working out

My friend Ellen (and former boss!) just posted a great blog on working out- click here to read it. She, like me, is insanely busy and has noticed her workouts tapering off when she is working. But she also feels as though she has lost weight.

I on the otherhand, feel fatter. And to her proposition that because she is not working out she feels like she has lost weight, I propose this: SHE HAS. But not for a good reason, her muscle mass is decreasing because she has not been putting in her workouts which is why her body is craving the workout.

Now, if I could just use that as motivation, I would be good to go!

2 comments:

Firednfabulous said...

Well, hello there! Trust me, I am not happy about this no-working out phase I'm going through. And the number on the scale most certainly isn't going down, but for some reason I just feel lighter. I think it's because I've been trying to compensate with healthier eating. Less Diet Coke, and more green tea instantly makes me feel better. And confession: You know how I said I would NOT miss my spinning class today for anything? Hmm yeah...I walked right past the gym, with my gym bag in hand on my way home from work! Have you ever done that?? I just started thinking about the things I had to do and decided to skip. Eek, I need to break this terrible cycle!!

Berryfine said...

I am right there with you! And yet this week is just going to have to be a wash because I really am so busy. Another fun fact I learned, if you would rather nap (and I mean your eyes are closing while walking, working and everything else) then take the nap over the workout. When you are tired, you don't get anything out of a workout. The sleep is more important!