Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SO FRUSTRATED!


Okay, first I'm mad at myself for binge eating this weekend. I will discuss this later (suffice to say cheese dip and cookie dough was a bad idea. Not to mention the ice cream fiasco). The reason I am frustrated is nutrition content. What is so damn difficult for restaurants? I want to make good choices and they make it IMPOSSIBLE to do so. I had dinner with my friend Brittany last night and she picked this cute French bistro (which meant calories out the wazoo). I went to their site and, surprise! surprise!, they didn't have their nutritional content on theire page. I figured I would just wing it and enjoy it but after googling what I ate I am more than concerned about the calorie and fat intake! The daily plate is a website that TRIES to help you with this but of course they didn't have the caesar salad or the Turkey Bistro on the list. Okay they had the calorie count of my 1/2 sandwhich but nothing else (which at 500 calories scares the shit out of me! Thank god I did a 3 mile run yesterday. That meal also explains the weight gain from yesterday to today!). Suffice to say, I have written to them requesting the information. I read somewhere that you should make your menu choices before you go to a restaurant to ensure that you make a good decision but every time I try it does not work out for me! Also pissing me off? I had no interest in what they considered their smart choices!


What restaurants have you tried to glean nutritional information from only to be met with a brick wall? Am I the only one who tries to use this information to make healthy decisions prior to eating out?

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I love the Philosopher's Pie at Mellow Mushroom, but big surprise, they don't have the nutrition info up on their website. I sent them an email, and I received an auto response that they are working on getting that info together. That was a couple months ago, and as far as I know they still don't have the info up. It's a pain in the butt.

Berryfine said...

Yeah, La Madeleine did not even bother with a response to me!