Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My So-Called Sex Life


So today I was bumming around the apt and decided to pop in some My So-Called Life. God, what a GREAT show. I actually cut my hair in 5th grade after watching the first episode where Angela Chase dyes her hair red. My mom stopped short of allowing me to dye it but pairing the new haircut with the combat boots and cotton dresses made me feel infinitely cooler. So angsty. I desperately wanted to be Angela. Of course, looking back that poor girl was a MESS. Was there anyone who was ever more torn up about life in general?


Anyway, check out episode 13, Pressure, for a great reminder of high school sexual activity. I, personally, didn't ever really consider sex with anyone during high school but I imagine if I did this episode would sum it up. Or maybe I am just wishing I could have that moment with Jordan Catalano (who I still secretly fantastize about). Either way, Angela Chase's emotional turmoil and subsequent break up with Jordan is so classic and right that it is a must watch for anyone considering sex. Plus, I'd love to watch the sex video Angela and Sharon procure from Sharon's parents. I imagine this is what it was like for a lot of people trying to make the sex decision.


Check the episode out here and then tell us your thoughts. Did you have an awkward sex talk with friends? Or your boyfriend? We'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

vanessa said...

I love "My So Called Life"!! and know exactly what episode you are talking about (its a shame it was only on for one season)... glad to know someone feels the same way I do about it! ps I will totally fight you for Jordan...

AshleyRae said...

Can I borrow it and stroll down memory lane? Glad I didnt give it up in High School either. Gosh...to think that is one of the main break out roles for Claire Danes, loved her then, loved her now!