Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DVD Review!


I had planned on going for a run but an afternoon nap trumped it leaving it cooler and darker than I was hoping. I love night runs- just not during the winter! So I popped in a DVD and thought I would review it for you here!

Today I opted to do 10 Minute Solution Hot Body Boot Camp. I picked this up from Target but if you click the link you can order it from Amazon as well. This DVD is awesome simply because it breaks everything into 10 minute segments so you can customize a workout. There are 5 10 minute sections:

  1. Hot Body Cardio

  2. Ab Assault

  3. Rock Bottom Sculpt

  4. Calorie Blasting Drills

  5. Better Body Stretch

It is hosted by Amy Bento who is upbeat without being saccharine sweet. She encourages without acting like you're biggest cheerleader. And I struggled to keep up. Meaning I can do this video more than once without losing the benefits. I figure I can do it a couple times a week for a month and then be up to her speed and drop to doing it once a week. Today I did the first four, I am not big into stretching and she uses a band that I don't have. I tried it once with a bath towel but it was too much fabric. I also like that if I am pressed for time, I can opt to do just one of the sections. Overall, I'm glad I spent the money. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow because I am still a little sore and I just finished!


Today's food diary:


breakfast Cliff bar


snack banana


lunch pasta with cheese sauce


snack peanut butter and crackers


dinner romaine lettuce salad with chicken, tomato, cucumber, egg and feta cheese with italian dressing


Also, I am looking into Zumba classes. I mentioned earlier I was interested in picking up a class a few times a month and my Aunt Nora and family friend Sarah are instructors in NJ. I've taken the class once in NJ and I struggled but it seems like fun. Dancing is not my strong suit but it would be something different. There is one at a YMCA near me so I am going to give them a call and see how much it costs!


2 comments:

Ellen said...

Have you ever tried Jillian Micheals's 20-minute workouts? I haven't, but my friend LOVES them. As Jillian says, "You can do ANYTHING for 20 minutes!" I really want to try it. I like the fact that it's hard, but it's easier to stay motivated because it's so short. The vid you tried sounds pretty good ,too. Let me know how the zumba classes are if you do it--I've never tried one!

Berryfine said...

I am looking to do one next week! My aunt swears by it- she and her friend Sarah are now instructors. They are dance classes but definitely check out their site because it tells you more than I ever could. I love dancing but am terrible but I think it could be fun and part of my work out issue is I don't find it fun!