Saturday, January 16, 2010

Silly LIS, Blackberries are for Adults!



Today has got to be the WORST day ever for me not to have a smart phone. Todd Grantham was announced as UGAs new Defensive Coordinator. I literally sat through work all damn day refreshing a google search on Todd Grantham to wait for the announcement. Every five minutes- refresh. No dice. For the 40 minutes that I actually completed work yesterday, he made the announcement via a UGA press release.

DAMN.

And in that time, my friend logged into his iPhone to check Joe Schad's tweets. Nearly 40 minutes before the official announcement, Joe tweeted the deets. It's not enough to be able to text my tweet to the site, I needed to be able to read Joe's and David's tweets to see what was going on and respond accordingly.

So, I suppose, I will bite the bullet and buy a damn smart phone so I can safely accomplish my play with my work and not spend an entire morning fretting about what I'm missing. And don't you dare tell me I'm too reliant on the internet- I already know that and I don't care.

No comments: