Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 24- DAY OF REST

Okay, so I have already typed this once and it was way better but apparently blogger and I are having some issues (I literally just yelled obscenities at it. Completely unnecessary in relation to the gravity of the situation but whatever. I feel better). Anyway, GROUP POWER KICKED MY ASS. I was sore the first time I took it but this time I WAS DYING when I woke up. DYING. I wanted to call out sick of work (thanks to all the dailymile.com peeps who said it was a great idea. My boss did not agree). I ended up popping two Tylenol Arthritis 650 mg tablets and heading in. I swear by the Tylenol Arthritis despite not actually having arthritis (yet). There is more in it and it works wonders. Hangovers or soreness. Now at a dull throbbing, I was at least able to type somewhat. Moving the mouse even hurt. By the way, I adore all the people on www.dailymile.com. If you run at all (no matter your level) you need to be on this site. Log your miles and make some like minded friends. Because I'm telling you now, I'm the only person in my group of friends running 1/2 marathons! It's great to have a support system even if you've never met in person (though some people do meet up for runs).

breakfast cheddar cheese and hot sauce omelet

lunch 1/2 a BLT and Entenmann's little bites

snack popcorn

dinner Quizno's Baja sub (small, less than 500 calories) and Miss Vickie's Jalapeno chips

I took the day to rest my sore body. Apparently when you hurt this badly and force yourself to go through the motions of the day it just WEARS YOU OUT. So I took a nap after work and woke up feeling...the same. I opted to hit Quizno's instead of the gym and crashed early. It was totally worth it.

No comments: