Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 4- January 7, 2010

Okay I am super, ridiculously proud of how I handled myself last night. My dear friend Ashley hosted a National Championship party and I was pretty nervous about how it would go. Luckily I made some stupendous deicisions that helped me to stave off the need to overindulge. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, shrimp and sausage and were just starting to grill out when I showed up. I marinated a piece of chicken in some Jack Daniel's Original Barbeque sauce and brought it with me (excellent choice #1). I refrained from turning it into a sandwich with cheese, mayo and a bun and simply enjoyed the delicious flavor of the boneless, skinless chicken breast. Ashley texted everyone during the day to say BYOB. I had previously talked to myself about the fact that I would limit myself to 1 beer. Not a problem when I didn't even have a beer! And I left before I could even dive into the cake or cupcakes. I'm not going to lie I did overindulge in cheese dip but I made up for it by not having a huge serving of pasta salad. It was all about balance and I thought I did pretty well!

breakfast oatmeal. Fuze

snack yogurt

lunch salad with cucumbers and Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard Dressing and 1/2 of a turkey sandwich on pita with fat free cheddar cheese and mayo made with olive oil. Water

snack banana

snack 2 I participated in a taste test yesterday! My first one and it was DELICIOUS. I'm not allowed to talk about it but I will say it was a beverage, contained caffeine and probably had like 200 calories when it was all said and done.

dinner boneless, skinless chicken breast marinated in Jac Daniel's sauce; grilled. Pasta salad ( serving about 1/2 the size of my fist). Chips and cheese dip (wayyyy more than I should have) and Diet Coke.

Today was Day 4 of the Fitness Challenge. I should have just done a long run or elliptical but I opted to do another workout on the treadmill from the magazine. So I did the countdown and HATED it. You can see the workout and my results here. I finished up with 30 minutes on the elliptical and was slightly annoyed because I wanted to use the bike. Beggars can't be choosers!

No comments: