Monday, January 25, 2010

Tea

I've heard hot tea is good for you and all that but what kinds? Someone help me. I don't particularly like teas in the first place but I'll try anything once. Especially if it will help with weightloss. And it has got to be better than coffee which for someone with high blood pressure (like me!) is like lighting a long fuse for dynamite and waiting for it to reach the explosion point. Anyway, I am currently drinking some kind of citrusy blend from my work and I kind of like it. I added a dash of real sugar (apparently the fake stuff just makes you want real sugar so why not just have real sugar?) and some lemon. It's an acquired taste. Anyway, help me out! I want types that are good for you and brands that taste delicious. I already know that peppermint flavor is not my cup of tea. Yes, I just went there. Give me a break, it's Monday.

2 comments:

Monyelle said...

Green tea is good for the natural caffeine to help increase your metabolism. I personally don't like fruity flavors when it comes to my tea. I like Twinings Earl Grey and English Breakfast Tea. Also, try honey instead of sugar.

@Monyelle
xoxo

L. DaCosta said...

Ahhh tea...I won't bombard you with too much since you're trying things out. Green tea would be a good place for you to start. My new favorite is The Republic of Tea's Ginger Peach Green Tea. I found a few WebMD articles that'll help.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/tea-types-and-their-health-benefits