Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snack You Shouldn't Waste Your $ (or your calories!) On


Entenmann's was a staple of my childhood. My grandmother bought their chocolate chip cookies and coffee cakes every week. I have honestly never found chocolate chip cooks like theirs- soft and moist and the perfect size for snacking. It's ridiculously easy to inhale an entire box. So, the other afternoon, my sister and I were out shopping and I let my hunger get the best of me. We popped into Publix and I just could not decide what I wanted. And when I did they didn't have it so I gave in and picked up some Entenmann's Little bites. Chocolate Chip Muffins. Yummy. But, I will never make that mistake again. At $4.50 a box, it just is not worth it! The box has five bags. Each bag contains 4 mini-muffins. It is in no way satisfying in terms of snacks because 4-8 bites later, it's over. And the hunger is still there. Of course, I am eating them right now. Because I paid $4.50 for a box and damn if I am going to throw that money in the trash without enjoying them! The nutrition breakdown does not make you feel any better either:


Serving Size 1 pack (47 g)
Servings per container 5 (I call bullshit since three bags I've had have only contained 4. Bitches.)

Calories 190
Fat 9g
Sodium 135mg
Carbohydrate 26g
Dietary Fiber less than 1 g
Protein 2g

In short, there is nothing worth spending any money on in this box so STAY AWAY. Especially, if your wallet is light to begin with and your stomach is hanging over your pants like mine is!


Do you have any STAY AWAY snacks to share? Any great snacks I need to add to my grocery list?

No comments: