Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 1- January 4, 2010

It seems funny to call it day one, but since 2009 was such a fucking flop I'm resetting the clock and starting over. I'm thinking positive. I'm being productive.

I already fell off the wagon.

BUT...I'm moving on from that. So, first up- my food diary. Which is based on a menu I created yesterday but forgot to factor snacks in so I suppose that is the first order of business...

breakfast: Tomato and Feta Frittata. Okay, Fitness Magazine has it as Tomato and Goat Cheese but I don't know if I even like Goat Cheese and I'm making so little money I can't really afford to buy something I don't like. Anyway, I served it with 1/2 a Hearty Grains Extra Fiber english muffin. I ate at 6:30 am and by 8:30 am I was hungry.

snack: Yogurt

lunch: 1/2 a turkey and fat free cheddar on a pita with mayo (made with olive oil- better for you!) and a banana

snack: Roasted red pepper hummus and wheat thins

dinner: chicken breast marinated in hot sauce- made it in a pan so I have no idea what that is called. It's not grilled...or boiled...or broiled- I don't think. Damn, what is it called? Whatever I put the chicken over lettuce- not in a bag(whooo me!)- with tomatoes and cucumber and ranch dressing. I used very little dressing as I ran out after I started pouring. Instead of a drenching like I would normally do, I had a hint of ranch that was surprising good once I really mixed the salad.

desert: heath bar. Hence the falling off the wagon comment. But I cleaned the kitchen today and got rid of EVERYTHING unhealthy so I should be good from here on out (until my birthday that is- no promises).

drinks: grapefruit juice, water, fuze slenderize and milk

Okay, so today I started the Fitness Challenge. I didn't sign up online but I have the magazine and I will be updating you on my blog so I think that is enough. Another website might kill me. Anyway, today I did the strength training and I am SORE. I wasn't as focused as I should have been because I finished my to do list so it was 10pm before I started working out. I want to be working out right after work but I have to figure out how to get the to do lists done each day too. Part of the new, improved me. Just jumping right in the pool. Anyway, a couple of the moves were difficult and even painful for me to execute but that could be due to my general lack of fitness. Tomorrow is cardio and Wed is back to the strength training so the real test is Wednesday. Head over to www.fitnessmagazine.com to check out the full workout and sign up!

Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I slipped up but I muscled through it instead of putting the start off til tomorrow. Plus I admitted it to the massive 8 people following me on my blog! Tell me, what kind of fitness/health related goals did you make for 2010?

No comments: