Sunday, January 31, 2010

JANUARY RECAP

Okay, Soooooo...January is over. It's still cold. That's kind of a bummer. But whatever, I think January was a rocking month if I do say so myself and I have prepared a list of why. Actually, it's not prepared. I'm winging it but whatever. Don't hate.


  • First, let's focus on the weight loss. As of today, I have lost 6.4 lbs. I was hoping for 10 but I am so close to being below 160 I can taste it. And boy does it taste good. Better than ice cream actually. 10 lbs was my goal but 6.4 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. I feel good about it. I will, however, be sad if I wake up tomorrow and weigh 162. It's like my body naturally gravitates toward it. Hello body, that is NOT my comfy weight. Nice try though.

  • Cross Training is Heaven. I know most of my workout buddies are runners thanks to Daily Mile but since it is cold and I hate the cold, treadmills have become my friends. But they are ridiculously boring. So I have incorporated the elliptical and bike into my routine until training for the Boston 13.1 officially begins.

  • Zumba, Zumba, Zumba. I love it. I am rhythmically challenged and still enjoy the class. I like that they turn the lights off so I feel less self-conscious. I like the idea of being able to dance. And I like that I am doing something to change up the routine. Check it out for yourself.

  • Support system has been key. Through Twitter, facebook and dailymile, I have gained a ton of friends who are like minded. Some run EVERY DAY (kudos to you- that ain't me!). Some are new to it. But all have suggestions and ideas that help me get through every workout. They all commend each run even if it's not the best. And they are FUNNY. I will probably do a post soon about people I think you should follow on Twitter.

  • Having a plan has saved my life. No joke. Every Sunday, I map out my week for both exercise and food. Do I stray from my plan? Yes. But I have found that having it written down somewhere makes me more accountable for what I am doing. So have a plan but be flexible with it.

  • I haven't beat myself up. Any workout is a good workout in 2010. And rest days are necessary. I've really started to listen to my body. Which is awesome in itself. Sometimes, I tell it no. Yes, I am now talking to my body.

  • I am sleeping so much better. I'm also napping sometimes but it's okay I think. For now, I'm liking where I'm at for the first time in a long time. Am I my skinniest? No. My healthiest? No. My happiest? Probably not. But I'm working on it and that puts a smile on my face.

Thanks to everyone who has followed or commented on the blog! I would not be able to do this without you. And if you have stories you want to share or a blog you think I should read, definitely share it with me. I want to support you as much as you have supported me!

No comments: