Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 8- January 11, 2010

You know it's going to be a bad day (or a really great day) when you wake up in the morning and decide cake is for breakfast. And that is exactly what I did yesterday. I don't know what I was thinking but I have to admit it was delicious and writing about it now really makes me crave it.

breakfast vanilla cake with chocolate ice cream (yay 26 years old.)

lunch shrimp with feta cheese and tomatoes ( leftovers. See below for recipe)

snack polished off the birthday cake. I don't know why I do this but whenever there is junk food in the house it's like there is a race to get it in my belly. Then I crave it for days after.

dinner Boca burger with cheddar cheese, mayo and bbq sauce on a multigrain english muffin (Ally they were honey wheat muffins which I guess somewhat explains the sweet flavor).

I biked for an hour yesterday and did 18.71 miles so that was nice. I just could NOT make myself get on the treadmill!

Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta (courtesy of Fitness Magazine)
Makes 4 servings

  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 14.5 oz cans no salt added tomatoes
  • 1/4 finely minced fresh-flat leaf parsley
  • 1 tbs finely minced fresh dill
  • 1 1/4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about three minutes. Add garlic; cook for one minute. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let sauce simmer about 5 minutes, until tomato juices thicken. Remove skillet from burner. Stir in parsley, dill and shrimp, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta over the top. Place skillet in oven; bake until shrimp are cooked through and cheese has melted, about 12 minutes.

295 calories, 34 g of protein, 12 g of carbohydrates, 11 g of fat (4 g saturated) and 2 g of fiber.

No comments: