Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Did You Know? Cause I Sure as Shit DID NOT.

Just read on to see what is really grinding my gears presently.

Email from me to my apt on Friday at around 2:30 pm:

Last question I swear! Mailbox and key? I have two apt keys... Thanks- I love the place and you were a great help in finding it!

Reponse from apt Monday at 9:50 am:

The Post Office is down Roswell Rd. on the left beside the Dunkin Donughts and Outback Steakhouse. Go to usps.com to get an actual street address. You have to schedule an appointment to have your lock's re-keyed. Glad you like the place, let me know if you have any more questions.

Response to their response at 3:34 pm today:

I've never had to do this with another apartment complex so I wouldn't have thought to ask. I suppose that is a mistake on my part and a lesson learned. However, I'm a little disappointed I wasn't told about this to begin with, especially after calling USPS and finding out it is going to cost me $28 to have this service performed. Might want to keep that in mind for people you show these apartments to in the future. Knowing this up front would have made a difference to me as now I cannot have access to my mail until I have the money to pay for this service.

And their response to that at 4:05 pm today:

I'm not sure how many different apartments you have lived in, but this is a fairly common thing. We have no authority over the stand-alone mail box's. The Post Office has installed these stand-alone box's at 95% of our properties and all over Atlanta. The $28 is essentially the same thing as a set up fee for your power, cable, etc. If the $28 is too much for you to float at this point you can simply get a P.O. box. You are not required to set up your mailbox, it is simply for your convenience.

WHAT.THE.FUCK? And this completely relates to my planned WIG OUT WEDNESDAY about the post office and governments attempts to keep America working. Suffice to say, if you watch the news, USPS is reporting a decline in revenue. I'm not sure how since you are charging me fucking 28 to use my own mailbox.

Also, just in case anyone was wondering, I switched power companies and didn't have to pay any connection fees so my apt complex can kiss it.

And, I've lived in 4 apartments jackass and never had this happen before. And my parents, between the two of them, have lived in about 15 and never had this issue. So clearly, it has nothing to do with the number of apartments I've lived in and everything to do with you failing to mention pertinent details (other pertinent details I know nothing about: how to access the free wi-fi they offered me and whether I can use the closet with the number 14 on it below my apt).

Clearly, my decision making skills should be called into question at this point.

No comments: