Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's a Virtual Race for Boobies!

Hey Adam, now that I've got your attention....

Anyway, my high school and college friend, Lauren is doing the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure and has been looking for fundraising ideas. I've been strapped for cash but I always want to help friends out and I thought this might be the PERFECT time to give the virtual race thing a shot. SOOOO, I am hosting a virtual race to raise money for Lauren's run!

The details (I almost put deets but I cannot STAND abbreviations 95% of the time so I thought it might be hypocritical. Whatevs):

Date: August 21-31
Time: Whenever you fit the thing in
Where: Location of your choosing
Distance: 5K
To sign up: Head over to Lauren's donation site and donate $5 or more as your sign up fee for the 5 K. Then email me at fromfat2fab2009@gmail.com that you've done so. I'll verify it with Lauren and set you up with your race number.
What's up for grabs: Fastest 5K gets a $20 iTunes giftcard. Prize will also be given for most creative race bib. Anyone who donates over $5 will be entered into a raffle to win a mystery prize. After you run your 5 k, email me with a picture or file of your bib (if you want to be entered into that contest) plus your finishing time.
Other things: Feel free to email me links to race reports you've posted on your blog to be posted here, also a photo of yourself plus your finish time to be included on my own race report. I will try to have it up by Tuesday at the latest PLUS I'll announce winners AND total amount raised!

Any questions or want to donate a prize for the raffle? Email me at fromfat2fab2009@gmail.com!

4 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

cool idea

Adam said...

Sorry, I'm late on commenting on this. I saw the title and spent the last day and a half researching various boob websites in preparation for the race. I'm now properly informed and chaffed in various areas. (look for an email soon)

Berryfine said...

Haha I love you Adam. If only you weren't married...

LB said...

i really want to be able to join the run, but i dont think my knee will allow me :( bummer!!! but i did post about it on Thumbs Up! Thursday, so hopefully you will get few runners from it. good luck!!!!