Sunday, August 1, 2010

bridezilla barbie episode #1.

As Berryfine announced a few weeks back I am engaged! (You can read the story here) I went into full planning mode REAL fast and then a week or so past and I became a little more grounded (not a lot, but a little). Many of my friends pinned me as the next Bridezilla and talks of getting me on the show happened. Lord help me, do not put me on TV. Well... one of my biggest faults is pouting when I do not get my way. SO I think there will be a lot of pouting over the next 20 months. I thought it would be fun to chronicle the Bridezilla Outbreaks here ...

So here we go. Episode 1.

My family is heading down to look at venues with me in 2 weeks. I was given the task to schedule visits to help narrow down the pool of potential venues and if I was lucky secure a site and a date. Well.. my top 3 are (and in order)... 1) Chota Falls 2) Montaluce Vineyard and 3) Wolf Mountain Vineyard. ...so I send out an email yesterday asking to schedule visits while my parents are in town and everyone but Wolf Mountain has sent back a "cannot wait to meet you, your fiancee and family". Instead, I got this. *names have been changed for no real reason, just to do it*

Leah: Barbara-

Thanks for your interest in Wolf Mountain Vineyards and congratulations on your engagement. Unfortunately, we do not book events that far in advance. Our pricing structure for 2012 will be set in early 2011 and we would start at that time to accept deposits for 2012 dates. Please let me know if you have any other questions and we can schedule a tour for sometime in January/February 2011.

Thanks again-
Leah

ME: Hey Lindsey:

Thanks for getting back with me. Unfortunately that means Wolf Mountain probably won't be an option for my venue. :( With my parents in DC we wanted to secure a date and venue ASAP to limit the number of trips down here in 2011. Thanks for getting back with me though...

Barbie

Leah: Let me know if anything should change with your plans.

Thanks-
Leah

ME:Lindsay:

My fiance and I are a little confused. Does that mean we cannot even tour the facility till 2011 to see if it is even a potential venue? We could walk in and say "ok I want it here, I will wait until 2011 to get pricing" or we could walk in and say "we don't like it" ... Ideally, yes we want something booked this month while my family is in town but if its a spot we love we'd be willing to hold off a few months... It just seems odd to turn away business because the date is 20 months away...

-barbie


And still nothing back. Hope I wasn't too harsh... She probably is like "good I don't want to work with you anyway bitch".

No comments: