Friday, July 30, 2010

Cassandra's Move of The Week

So, I meet with Cassandra twice a week- Tuesday's and Thursdays. I have to tell you:

I AM FEELING IT THIS MORNING.

I don't even know which move of the week to use because I'm not sure which one has made me feel this sore. She really took it all up a notch this week. More than likely because I mentioned doing the planks on my own Wednesday. She said if I could do those without someone ensuring completion, that I could do a lot more than we had been.

Open palm slaps forehead. "D'oh" says Berryfine.

Yesterday, we did some shoulder press/fly combos, jump squats, tricep dips with legs up on an opposite bench, squats with a shoulder press and some pushups. This week's move of the week is...

Bench Pushups with Leg Lift

People, I am horrible at pushups and every trainer I get wants me to do them as much as possible. Once I get the ability to do ten without stopping they add all kinds of tricks to make me want to punch them. I swear yesterday, I must have moaned, "Cassandra, how much do you hate me?" half a dozen times.

Anyway, you'll need a bench (duh, its in the title) for this move. Place both hands on the bench and get into pushup position. Legs extended, close together. Arms just wider than your shoulders. Lower down so arms are at a 90 degree angle and lift one foot off the floor, extending your leg behind you. As you raise your body, lower leg. Each time you lower your body, alternate which leg you do. Two sets of twenty.

And, go.

3 comments:

Kovas said...

I have a hard enough time with basic pushups, that sounds like a killer move! Of course now I have to try it.

Berryfine said...

Let me know! It was definitely hard but I was able to do it :)

Tricia said...

sounds intense