Friday, July 9, 2010

Adam is definitely NOT boring...and other odds and ends

Okay, I admit, I am FAILING my blog these days. In my defense I have a lot of shit going on. Plus I have the post- half marathon BLUES. Seriously, my body and I seem to be at war about what to do next. It wants to sleep and I want to rock'n'roll. Like do SOMETHING. Unfortunately, a pinched nerve in my lower back is preventing me from doing a whole hell of a lot. Which doesn't leave me much to blog about except...

Oh yeah, Adam of I Am Boring fame won a sweet subscription courtesy of ME and blogged about it. Let me just say, if Adam keeps up these types of photo shoots his site might crash and it will need to be renamed because it is anything but boring. His wife is a lucky woman judging from these photos.

In other news, yesterday was a big day for me. First, I had my first personal training session in two weeks. Whew it was like I had never worked out before. Drill Sergeant Cassandra put me through the paces and while I felt fine during and afterward...today? Not so much. Yeah, my legs and ass could really use a massage. I wanted to ask my gym crush to handle that for me but the gym doesn't afford much privacy for rub downs. Back to yesterday, I also signed a lease on my new apartment in Atlanta! Instead of being on the outside looking in, I will be on the inside looking out. Probably, I'll end up hating my decision but whatever the apartment is GORGEOUS. I will post pictures as soon as I move in (which is sadly like a month away).

Today I read Self (yes, I am a magazine whore) and found some interesting shit in there. It's like Self has decided "fuck it, these women will do what they want so why not spin it into some positives?" I like your style Self magazine. There might have to be a giveaway soon so you guys can adopt the same attitude. Heather, still waiting on a few pieces but the bulk of it is in and boxed nicely. Though I may have to decorate the box a la Pretty Whimsical. Way to step up the game!Anyway, some gems mined from the pages of this months Self:
  • Fueling up with Protein pre-workout can speed up your metabolism (thank god for my GNC shakes. Maybe I should review those sometime for you people).
  • Running seem harder for you and than for your pal?(ahem, Barbie) It's in your DNA!
  • Check out there Self Healthy Food Awards. I just made over my entire shopping list.
  • Anyone watch the Olympics? My love (I have a lot of them) Apolo Anton Ohno yawns A LOT before his race. Turns out, he's not just doing it as his own mental quirk to get prepared for a race. Brain scans reveal that yawning activates areas responsible for social awareness and feelings of empathy. The oxygen you take in during a yawn actually helps you stay focused!
  • Healthy people have more sex and its better (ummmm because they are hotter? that's my assumption).
  • There is a whole article about doing the dirty deed like a guy. Revamp your mentality about sex and your whole life will be better. I really like their advice to expect an orgasm every time.
  • Looking for some honesty? Ask direct questions in a well-lit room and that's what you'll get.
  • If you want to have babies, steer clear of the article on childbirth. The girls story is scary enough to keep me far from that ledge.

Also, I am going to make more of an effort to blog on the reg. Unfortunately, I am pretty ambitious about my blogging and the three separate blogs take up some serious time. If only I didn't have a job....

2 comments:

selina_leigh said...

"If you want to have babies, steer clear of the article on childbirth. The girls story is scary enough to keep me far from that ledge."

Yeah... that's pretty much what most people said after reading my birth story.

Heather said...

Thanks for the update! I didn't realize you had three blogs. I need to find the other two! Have a great weekend!