Sunday, July 25, 2010

High School Kids are the Shit

I was definitely not as cool as I could have been in high school. It amazes me the shit I missed out on trying to live up to my "academic potential". Imagine my surprise when my sister said some of the kids at our high school (she currently attends) were selling their songs on fucking iTunes. Seriously, I'm 26 and what do I have to show for my life? These kids probably can't even drive yet but they have music on fucking iTunes? That I would have to pay for?!?!

Quotidian is a trio of "rappers" from Brookwood High School in Snellville, GA. And I'm checking their shit out so I'm sharing it with you so you can be either super impressed or super depressed. Your choice.

First up, we have Pants Off Dace Off (PODO). Sadly enough, no pants were taken off during the making of this video. At least not on camera. Also, you can see the football field I spent 3 years running water to and fro since they filmed it at my alam mater.



Okay, I lied. At the 10 second mark some pants are on the ground and the sprinklers are going to town.Next, we have Text Me- a rap about texting. Weird. Which, for those of you not in Georgia, is now illegal while driving. Meaning I break the law 100 times a day. I'm a fucking outlaw, ya'll.




Can you believe that shit has been viewed 1,551 times. Well 1,552 now. They are kind of catchy in a im in high school kind of way. Would I pay for them now? Nope. But can I see them keeping this up and getting better with age? Yep. Now, if only they could lend me some talent and drive...

No comments: