Wednesday, July 28, 2010

EXCITING NEWS!

Okay, so I have been slacking over here and I am very, very sorry. I apologized to my trainer, Cassandra the devil as well. Anyway, oh wait- also my body. Body, I'm sorry I'm slacking and you aren't getting what you need/want/deserve. Thank God vacation starts Friday and you get some down time.

Okay, exciting news: Today I got a most excellent phone call.

As some of you, who read me on the reg, know my favorite part of the running community is how giving and supportive they are. Especially when it comes to finding a cure, getting the word out, helping people do something incredible or making someone's life better. So many of you support charities that have made me more aware of the world around me and the people who inhabit it. Because of this, I had been thinking I wanted to have a bi-weekly charity featured on the blog (as well as the charities tab) but it's better than that.

How many of you have searched something via Google or Bing and gotten an article linked to examiner.com? Well, they have contacted me to start my own page featuring my own writing (minus the ridiculous amount of cursing) and the topic they are asking me to write about is charities- fundraising, who it benefits, what they do, how to start one....and on and on and on. I could not be more excited about this you guys. I will definitely keep you posted on how it goes and throw some links up here for you to check out as things get posted. I have some great ideas marinating right now and some awesome leads from friends.

If you have a charity you would like spotlighted or a topic involving community (and especially if you are in the Atlanta area since I will be an Atlanta Examiner) please hit me up at fromfat2fab2009@gmail.com and I will do my best to get back to you and get working :)

Also...I'm cooking up a sweet giveaway with a friend/coach for Team Challenge who also happens to have a wealth of fitness knowledge :) Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Thats awesome! I hope you'll be able to feature Team in Training and Team Challenge!! :)

Adam said...

I expect at least half as many swears in each and every article that you write.

(I have been putting off applying to them for almost a week now)

Berryfine said...

Adam I got your facebook message and I will hit you back there when I have some time...aka when I'm not in the office since the bastards block facebook.

Tanya said...

That is awesome! CONGRATS!!

Heather said...

What an incredible honor! Congratulations!