Monday, July 26, 2010

Things I Dislike About Losing Weight

I never thought I would write that but the fact is, there are some downsides to losing weight. So, here they are in case you were considering tightening up.
  1. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY BREASTS? No, seriously, the only socially "acceptable" place to have fat is the very first place you will lose it. Now, I think boobs are rather annoying and they get in the way of a lot of shit I try to do BUT when it's time to go out (or stay in wink wink) I rather enjoy having breasts. So if someone could talk to the big guy upstairs about saving the ol tatas from breast cancer and weight loss that would be stellar. Clearly, he should work on the first one first but if he has some time...
  2. Also weird, MY SHOE SIZE WENT DOWN. Why didn't someone warn me of this? Because when I was 25 lbs heavier and in a funk I didn't rush out to buy clothes. I rushed out to buy fucking shoes because I figured no matter my size, they'd fit. It's so busch league that I can't wear my favorite fuck me pumps anymore.
  3. NOT ALL ATTENTION IS GOOD ATTENTION. Trust me on this one. Because I get some weird shit at the gym from some weird shits.
  4. YOUR CLOTHES DON'T FIT. Okay, this is a great thing for the most part. Except when you make $13.50 at a job you hate and can't get an interview for a new job despite your effort. Plus, even if you got an interview, your fucking suit doesn't fit anymore. I get so tired of having coworkers come up to me and tell me I need new pants. Especially if it's the ol boss and owner. Ummm hello? If you paid me more, I would buy some pants.

5 comments:

beth said...

Not having clothes fit anymore is one of those tiny violin kind of moments, but it does suck when you lose weight and then have to look like just as much of a slob because your clothes are too big.

Ron said...

please define weird shit =)

Berryfine said...

Ron, please follow this link for the most obscene pick up I've had at the gym to date:

http://mylittleblackbook11.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-aint-no-ass-or-titties-man.html

RUST BELT RUNNER said...

Can you learn to sew or mend? Or take your clothes to a tailor? Maybe they could fix your pants up for a nominal fee.

Or there is always Goodwill. Believe me -- I have found nice stuff there. Banana Republic and JCrew even.

Berryfine said...

Hey Holly! Thanks for stopping by and reading. Ummm, I'm going to put this in the best way I can:
I am the LEAST domestic female you will ever meet. May be time to pay someone :)