Saturday, August 14, 2010

Get Amongst It

While I was back home at the Jersey Shore (shut up with your stupid jokes), I went to a local bar and hung out with some old and new friends. While we were there a friend of ours kept saying this one saying that pissed another friend off. While the saying makes absolutely no grammatical sense, it highly entertains us that it pisses people off. So I brought it back to Atlanta, where sadly no one appreciates our humor. But you know who does?

The British*, that's who.

Turns out the saying is gaining popularity via the interwebs (why the fuck do I keep calling it that?) and youtube videos are popping up about it. What is the saying you ask?

Get Amongst It.




Similar to getting "all up in it" (thanks to
Bulldog in Exile for pointing that out), Get Amongst It has become our go to phrase for going out on the town. Mainly because of the commentary it seems to generate whenever we use it as a facebook status. People either love or hate the shit and I'm all for anything that annoys people so I'm making it big, yo.

AND, this is supremely awesome, in 2004 some Australian rap group, Bliss N Eso, recorded a song called Get Amongst It. Sadly, it appears they were before their time as I can't seem to find lyrics or hear the song ANYWHERE. People back then were clearly still getting all up in it.

In other news, I like their take on Bullet and a Target. Totally off topic, but I found it and linked it so enjoy.

*And New Zealand, who held a competition that wasn't nearly as exciting as I had hoped. Also, search the phrase on youtube and those skateboard kids use it CONSTANTLY.

No comments: