Thursday, August 26, 2010

Why Sign Up For A Virtual Race?

  1. Because I said so. Hey, if it works for moms, it ought to work for me.
  2. Prizes. Whoooo! For instance, some prizes are things like iTunes giftcards, Gu sample packs, compression socks. Etc, etc, etc.
  3. It's for a good cause! Many times people host a virtual race in order to fundraise for things like Team Challenge, Team in Training, and other awesome charities.
  4. Competition is good for you. I tried to be all scientific about this but when I google I just keep getting shit that doesn't relate. Suffice to say, competition will push you to do your best.
  5. You need motivation- virtual races provide it
  6. Opportunity to race against people all over the country! People you follow in the bloggy world but may never meet in every day life.
  7. It's flexible with your schedule!
  8. You get to pick your own course! The worst part about races is the course is already designed. You might think to yourself, I wonder what is down that way? Well, now you can find out!
  9. Race reports are fun. You need more in your life
  10. Because I am flat out BEGGING YOU for your help.

Look peeps, I don't know what it will take to get you to sign up for my Virtual 5K for Boobies but just tell me and I will attempt to make it happen. I have 64 followers who WILLINGLY admit to the world that they read my blog and yet only 2 people have signed up. Just think, if all 64 signed up, we would raise $320 for the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure! So, please just consider signing up for the 3.2 mile run between now and August 31st. Entrance fee is $5. If you design your own bib, you can enter the competition for best/most creative bib (which I will let the readers pick!) and get a prize. Plus anyone who goes above and beyond the $5 donation is entered into a raffle. Fastest time gets a $20 iTunes giftcard. All you have to do is donate to Lauren's page and then email me at fromfat2fab2009@gmail.com so I can get you your number. Then just run your 3.2 miles between now and August 31st. I will post race reports and photos and announce winners that weekend following (to give you time to get your stuff in).

Seriously, I. AM. BEGGING. YOU.

Lauren is currently at 49% of her goal and I would love if we all helped her get over 50%!!!!!

And if there is something else I could do to persuade you...let me know. Unless it involves whoring myself out. That ship sailed when I graduated friends.

7 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

The begging is good. You need to do some direct marketing and start pestering your followers.

How many do you have so far?

Since I'm back and you've extended the date - I'm happy to give it a try. But I may forget by the end of the day to type in my credit card on Lauren's site. But I will run it either tomorrow or Monday. Do you mind having a guy who's a wannabe runner ... who probably needs a manbra joining you?

Berryfine said...

Haha I'll take ANYONE. I'm about to go to town on facebook and twitter when I get home. Work blocks all the fun sites. Plus I'll be creating an event on facebook and dailymile and see if that helps! Tell everyone you know :)

LB said...

if my legs were up to par i would definitely be running....but i think im going to go donate anyway even though im not running.....im also adding you to thumbs up! thursday again. hope you get some more peeps to run!

Berryfine said...

Laura, you can still design a bib or donate more than $5 to be entered in the raffle :)

Thanks!
Erin

Andrew Opala said...

Ok did the nasty ... now do I wait for a Bib Number or do I pick my own?

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

I'm so glad you extended it! My legs needed some rest this week for my 10 miler on Sunday. I need to stay healthy for my half in Costa Rica in 2 weeks =)
I will probably run on the 31st

Berryfine said...

Haha well with my concussion, I'll be extending it again through this weekend. Just makes sense and this way I can run!