Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm baaaaaackkkkkk

Okay, life has been hectic lately but now that I am getting settled into the new apartment, I have GOT TO START BACK ON THE HEALTHY LIVING TRAIN. I'm back up to 155 after this weekend's shenanigans. I have wedding related stuff all month but that is no excuse to just let myself go completely.

With that in mind, I hit the grocery store last night (it helps that I finally have a little money in the bank). The Kroger I went to is INCREDIBLE. It was so nice! And I love, love, love a store that has sushi and a salad bar. I want to move into the Kroger. Of course, everything took longer because I don't know the layout of the store yet but WOW. So much to choose from! So, here is what I picked up to add to my empty fridge (and pantry. and freezer):
  • Pirate's Booty White Cheddar (it's like crack. But on sale for 3 for $5)
  • Green Grapes
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Crumbled Tomato Basil Feta Cheese
  • Tomato
  • Back to Nature Granola (which is my favorite!)
  • Hot Pepper cheese
  • Diet Coke (aspartame be damned)
  • Eggs
  • 100 calorie bread thingies (the receipt isn't helping and I'm blanking on what they are called)
  • Organic Chicken

That's all my meager paycheck could afford this time around. But slowly I will build the kitchen back up! Next up, tackling my workouts!

In other news, my boys over in Toms River, NJ will be playing tonight for a chance to head to the Little League World Series. They lost to the team they are playing once so I'm looking for a little revenge. You can catch them at 8 pm on ESPN2.

And don't forget to sign up for the Virtual Race for Boobies! I might even give out a little sumpin to the first person to sign up!

3 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

mmmm white cheddar ... Betty Ford clinic has a program for this.

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Done!
Am I first?

Adam said...

I read somewhere (on the internet, so it has to be true) that you have to drink 12+ diet cokes to get anywhere near the ammt of aspertain to be bad.