Monday, August 30, 2010

You Know Your Life Is In Shambles When...

The other day I was dicking around on facebook and I wanted to see if my little sister had posted any new pictures of her and her new boyfriend (whom my brother has affectionately named Nick Dick due to the unfortunate fact that his parents named him Nicholas Richard). When I typed her name in, it brought up some grizzled old folk singer. So I got on my page and clicked on her name under siblings. It brought up a page telling me the page I was attempting to load no longer exists. The following transpired via text:

Me:Did you delete your facebook?
Her: No why?
Me: Well then did you block me? I can;t see your page. It says you do not exist. When I look at my friends in common with Peter, you aren't there anymore.
Me (after she hasn't answered): You're not listed as a friend I have in common with Hannah or Bo either.
Her: I didn't block you... I don't know why?
Me: That's so weird. It says your page doesn't exist! Haha I was going to write miss you and see you on Wed but nope!
Her: Sorry...idk what to tell you.

The following day I was working from my parents house because I had to drive Mom to the airport. My brother finally drags his ass out of bed at around 10:30 am and I ask him if he can see my sister's page. He looks at me strangely and says "Yeah" (but means duh). My mom asks me why I am asking him that so I show them what happens when I log in and try to look her up. Then I say I think she lied to me.

My mom proceeds to tell me that while we were texting my sister started cracking up and when my mom asked her what was so funny she told her I asked if she had blocked me. My mom asked her if she did and my sister just laughed.

Folks, my dipshit 15 year old sister, tried to block me thinking I wouldn't figure it out. I am the google and internet queen. If I don't know something, I'll find it out and she thinks that she could LIE to me and me not figure out?!?!?! What. The. Fuck.

You're probably wondering why she blocked me.

Her status one day: Nick :] :]
My comment on said status: Vomit.
# of likes to my comment: 4
# of responses to my comment on her status: 3

According to her, her friends are sick of me showing up in their newsfeed so she blocked me so it can't happen anymore. Homegirl, I comment on your page maybe 3 times a month. Vs. you and your silly crew liking every fucking thing (ie. so and so likes other people liking things, the color pink, when a guy winks at you and 75 other pages). I highly doubt my comment "vomit" appeared on any of their newsfeeds with shit like that plus picnik and random scams they click on because they aren't smart enough to notice they shouldn't be clicking on pages that take you outside of facebook and ask for a password despite being told that repeatedly.

So, your life is in shambles if your little sister blocks you because you embarrass her.

No comments: