Saturday, August 21, 2010

Run Courtney Run's 100 Day Challenge!

Just got in from a GRUELING 5.14 mile run. I'm lucky to have lived through the whole thing. I was happy to be home and hop in the shower :) Afterwards, I made myself an omelet with hot pepper cheese and pico de gallo. DELICIOUS! I sat down to eat it and scrolled through the blogs and came across Run Courtney Run's 100 Day Challenge. So I'm joining it.

Why?

Well, I've lost 25 lbs and kept 22 of them off but I still have a ways to go. Since I moved from the gym and can only go twice a week (to see Cassandra the devil) I'm struggling to find the motivation to keep it in high gear. I'm hoping this will help! So, head over to Courtney's page and check out the 100 days challenge that starts Monday!

Speaking of starts. Today marks the start of my Virtual 5K for Boobies! So far, I have a scant 2 people entered. Three if you include me. Come on people! The race ends August 31st and you can complete the 5K anywhere, anytime (from today to the 31st that is). Just donate to Lauren's race for a cure and I'll send you your race number. Categories for prizes include fastest time as well as most creative bib and a raffle for all donations over $5!

And, last, but not least. Training with Cassandra started back up this week. She worked me HARD. So, Cassandra's move of the week is back:

You'll need an assisted squat machine (a 15 lb bar attached to the machine- it's basically a spotter for when you don't have one). Lower the bar to the first or second rung and slide under it on the ground. Keep your legs straight out in front of you and your body in a straight line resting on your heels. Place your hands in the pullup position and pull up. It should work your back, chest and shoulders (as well as your forearms some). Keep the grip loose, otherwise you're using your arms to lift. The higher the bar is placed, the easier this should be for you. I did 3 rounds of 15 with Cassandra on Thursday and I am feeling it!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm glad you decided to join! :) Thanks for sharing with your readers