Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First AM Run Outdoors!

Okay, mentally I'm not all here so BEAR with me. I have a couple things I want to try to get out there today and I'm struggling (lack of sleep):
  • Funny Story: My new upstairs neighbor is never around (or I never hear her) until it's time for bed. I usually play some sleep-inducing tunes prior to bedtime and she seems to have just moved in as well. I think she actually moved in the day after me and I was in Gwinnett so I missed seeing all that go down. Anyway, for the past week at around 10 or 11 she starts hanging or putting together furniture or whatever. In my opinion, you can start that shit at 10 am and should be done with it by 8 pm (you don't know if your neighbor has kids which is why I say 8). And it always sounds like she is dropping shit. Well, last night, I decided I had enough. When the best sleep you get is the one hour nap your eyes forced upon you at 3 pm, then its time to make some changes. So I stood there for 10 minutes listening just to be sure she was going to be doing this for some time. Then, I walked up there and knocked on the door. She opened it with a cat in her arms (hence the sounds of shit dropping all the time) and immediately said she just looked at the clock. I explained to her that I understood as I was moving as well but that I generally get up at 4:30 am to go to the gym. Her mouth literally dropped open. I don't know if it was because she looked at me and thought "no way this bitch works out" or if she thought to herself "WTF are you going to the gym this early for?" Either way, she stopped building the bookshelf she was building.
  • I went on my first 5 am run in the new hood. Which was actually 5:15 am cause I hit snooze. It was nice and I saw a couple of other runners out there as well. All three of them were young, had killer bodies and were shirtless. I think I may readjust my thinking on living in Atlanta if I get to wake up to that every day. Sweaty men, yum (except you Adam. You're just a freak of nature).
  • This past week, I've been wearing my running skirt (yes, I only have one. Yes, I wash it in between wearings). You see, I had only worn it to run the Skirtchaser 5K because they gave it to me. Skirts seem to cost a pretty penny. And I am broke. I love my Nike Tempo shorts (and I get a great deal on them) but I could easily become a running skirt convert. My *free* Skirt Sports skirt was comfy. I initially felt weird in it but I got comfortable quickly. The built in compression shorts eliminate the need for BodyGlide in that area which is awesome. They don't slip around and you don't spend time thinking about what you are wearing because its moving around or you have to adjust it. The only complaint on the version they give you for free is there is one pocket. It's on the leg of the compression shorts on the back and it doesn't hold stuff very well. I wouldn't recommend putting an ID or cell phone there because they will fall out. They have lots of cool options that have addressed this issue though so check them out over at www.skirtsports.com/ if you're looking for feminine but durable clothing.
  • Last, but MOST IMPORTANT, big thanks to Adam and Courtney who were the FIRST TWO registrants for the Virtual 5K for Boobies which is THIS WEEKEND. Adam will get some sweet gift yet to be determined. This race is open to MEN AND WOMEN. All you have to do is make a $5 donation to Lauren's site and let me know you've done so. Then I will give you your race number and you have this weekend to run it. Prizes given for a few different things so being fastest isn't the most important thing! Please consider signing up or spreading the word for me!

Well, that's it. Thanks for bearing with me!

3 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

good for you ... but of course if you had knocked on my door, I would have faked an accent and said "No speeek Engrish" ... and closed the door politely on you.

or maybe not ... I can be bribed

Adam said...

Mmmm, sweaty. I have running shorts and socks drying out in my garage as I type this! Should probably do something with those.

who the F makes that much noise putting together a shelf? I'm too passive aggressive to actually have gone up there. I would have just cranked music or something. :)

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Oh boy am I glad that it's not based on pace only. I was going to request that Adam have to run his 5K twice.
It's like when I was little, I had to go through the alphabet twice in order to win the alphabet game.
I was that good.

Anyway, I LOVE running skirts, so I'm glad to hear your review of yours.