Thursday, August 12, 2010

Things I Don't Want To Be Able To Do Via Facebook part 1

People, facebook is for internet stalking. Let's not make it a major hub of activities other than finding out who your ex is currently fucking/dating/engaged or married to, if your frenemy got fired and what stupid politics your pals are backing today. Don't get me wrong, I post links to my blogs and news articles and upload pictures but I'm not jonsing to use facebook for much else than seeing who got a boob job and who is fatter/poorer/less awesomer than me. With that in mind, I will begin compiling a list of things I do NOT want to be able to do via facebook.

Numero Uno:
BOOK TRAVEL THROUGH FACEBOOK

I know you are probably as confused as I. It's bad enough you're constantly asking me to like shit on facebook but now you want those liked pages to allow me to do shit too? What happened to the days of calling Delta or Airtran or JetBlue (who I wish flew from Atlanta to Philly so I could see awesome flight attendant shenanigans on the reg)? Why the fuck would I want to see that my ex got an STD after we dated* and then book a flight to Colorado for the UGA game? I understand utilizing social media to brand your, well, brand but this is taking it to a whole new level. Why does everything I do have to somehow be turned into fucking spam (don't get me started on businesses using texts to advertise to me)? Why can't this just be a site to connect like it was intended?

Remember the old days when you had to have a college email address to sign up? I want that shit back STAT.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i agree! i miss when it was just for kids with college email addresses.