Friday, March 5, 2010

Baseball Season Has Begun!

Okay, so I know I've mentioned my gym crush and I swear I haven't hit stalker material (yet) but I've learned some tidbits about him through the weeks of randomly talking to him. Some are good (he likes sports- Cowboys, Red Sox-bleh, DAWGS; he owns his own business; he plays football on Saturdays; he's pretty much got tattoos on 50% of his body- I can't wait till it warms up and he starts taking the clothing off). Some tidbits are HORRENDOUS (he has a gf, his 7 day hiatus from 5 am workouts was due to a newborn baby...that belongs to him). It was one of those horrendous tidbits that reminded me that baseball season is around the corner. Okay, technically, for the uninitiated, it has already started with pre-season games all over the south but the season starts up in April and I am jazzed. I have an obsession with baseball players. Half the time I don't even realize the guy I'm obsessing over is or was a baseball player until its too late. The other half, I am actively going after these baseball players. Why did the horrendous tidbit remind me about baseball season? And for that matter, which one did?


Well, Mike the super attractive badboy at the gym had a baby girl on February 20th. His friend had said he was on vacation. Who, in their right mind, considers staying home for 10 days taking care of a newborn a vacation? Fucking idiot. Anyway, I approached Mike and made a joke about his slacking and he told me about his new baby girl. Who he named Beckett. Which I thought was a cool name. Then, as I was driving down 316, I realized he had named his sweet baby girl after a Boston Red Sox pitcher! So I decided to Google this guy...and I am totally planning on banging him somehow. Allow me to introduce you to...


Josh Beckett
Wikipedia tells me Joshua Patrick Beckett (oohhhh love the name) was born May 15, 1980 in Texas. Which pretty much makes him the ideal age for me. 30-year-olds kind of have their shit together. Or more than I do. A little Red Sox Trivia for you: Josh Beckett became the first Red Sox pitcher to hit a home run in 35 years — since the advent of the designated hitter rule — when he took Phillies' pitcher Brett Myer's deep during an interleague game on May 20, 2006. He did it again that same year in June against the Phillies. Bonus points for that. Apparently, he gets quite the A-list casting for his leading ladies as he's been linked to Alyssa Milano, sportscaster Leeann Tweed (wtf kind of name is that?) and country singer Danielle Peck. The latter he had this to say about when he was asked about her singing the National Anthem at the World Series:

"I don't get paid to make those fuckin' decisions...She's a friend of mine. It doesn't bother me at all. Thanks for flyin' one of my friends to the game so she could watch it for free."


Nice, he doesn't kiss and tell and he drops the f-bomb casually in conversation. I might be in love. He is a big Texas A&M fan and apparently owns deer hunting property. Which kind of freaks me out. Also, that dip in his pocket is sooooo not attractive. But whatever, he wouldn't be the first guy I had sex with who dipped (in fact, I'm trying to count right now and I am unsure of the number...)


And as if the down-home boy routine wasn't enough for you, Josh has his own foundation. In order to raise money for it, he releases wines creatively named after baseball stats and players. The foundation supports community programs to help the disadvantaged, sick and disabled. He also holds a bowling competition to raise money for kids in New England and his home town in Texas called the Beckett bowl.

2 comments:

citygirlblogs said...

Great post! Josh Beckett played unbelievably well in 2003 (the year he got World Series MVP), and his stock with the ladies great. Leann Tweed's face and body make up for her odd name. She is gorgeous! xoxo

Berryfine said...

And of course they are away the one weekend I will be in Boston!